We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Broadway show would you choose?

monroeville, pa
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Topic
Which Broadway show would you choose?

My husband and I are coming to NYC in early Oct. We would like to see at least 1 show while we are there. Any opinion on any of these shows.

Billy Elliot

All My Sons

Boeing Boeing

39 Steps

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
140 Reviews
from US$175.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
1,013 Reviews
from US$83.99*
Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island...
1,127 Reviews
from US$57.00*
NYC Empire State Observatory...
2,395 Reviews
from US$37.00*
Level Contributor
917 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Broadway show would you choose?

These shows are pretty different from each other - and Billy Elliot will be in previews, not opening until November.

Anyway, Boeing Boeing is a really light, 60s era 'sex' comedy. 39 Steps is a comedy-mystery. All My Sons and The Seagull are dramas - serious dramas.

what do you prefer?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Broadway show would you choose?

I chose Wicked for our visit next month because of the great reviews. why not look at Wicked as a option?

Central Village...
Level Contributor
18,005 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Broadway show would you choose?

My wife saw BoeingBoeing last week - said it was hilarious. We've both seen the 39 Steps - great Hitchcock spoof.

There are so many shows to choose from, depends on your likes, comedy, drama, musical we have just received tickets for Billy Elliot - so it's really your choice, however, the two I mentioned were very good.

Level Contributor
660 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Broadway show would you choose?

Of that list, I have only seen the two that are open - Boeing Boeing and 39 Steps. I really liked Boeing Boeing. Billy Elliot has gotten great reviews in London, and its on my list to see in the future.

Level Contributor
1,773 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Broadway show would you choose?

Since you really have not got a firm choice why don;t you see if you can get a discount code for a show from Broadway Box ? Yo could look to see which codes are available and chose from those shows. You might strike it lucky and save $$ to put to a nice meal before the show.

Level Contributor
533 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Broadway show would you choose?

A friend of mine saw Billy Elliott in London and said it was fabulous. I'd go with that one if you can get tickets.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
507 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Broadway show would you choose?

My daughter saw Billy Elliot here in Sydney last week and absolutely loved it, although another friend who saw it found all the swearing tiresome. Both had loved the film.

Level Contributor
222 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which Broadway show would you choose?

My Favourite Musical is RENT. We are seeing it on the 3rd Sept in NYC - can't wait.

I am hoping to get some discounted tickets to another show when i get there and I have heard good reviews about Boeing Boeing but we will wait and see.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
9,648 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which Broadway show would you choose?

FYI, Rent is closing in September.

I have sen Boeing & 39 STeps, both enjoyable evenings but nothing earth shattering, IMHO.

THe others are not even in previews yet, but I, too, will be seeing Billy ELliot based on its great reviews in other cities.

There is also South Pacific, a class, if you can get tickets, as well as Jersey Boys.

Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Which Broadway show would you choose?

I agree with the other poster who offered Wicked as an option. The reviews for this play are great :) and we go and see it in September.. :)