We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Have you stayed at Doubletree Suites TS-Pls help

Toronto
Level Contributor
379 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Have you stayed at Doubletree Suites TS-Pls help

Ok big problem- we are mom, gm, 2 14 year old girls- booked at Doubletree Suites TS, but could only get King room (no 2 dbls available), BUT we all like our own bed!!

so with a sleeper couch we only have 2 beds! for 4 picky people

question 1. is there enough floor space to comfortably put 2 aero beds

2. how many sinks in that bathroom are there- some pictures show 2 plus bar sink, some show 1 plus bar sink- this is NB with some many girls getting ready in am

3. is the bathroom off the bedroom or off the living room area

Thanks

Debbie

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
1,664 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Have you stayed at Doubletree Suites TS-Pls help

mom,I think your best bet here is to call the hotel directly,and ask to speak to manager;I have had success in getting what I needed this way(we also traveled with our girls,when they were younger,and needed suites/sofabed,etc).It may be that upon arrival they will have something more accomodating,but hopefully they can get you better situated beforehand.It can't-in any case-hurt to call,and ask all your questions(especially about bathroom layout).Good luck! and remember,worse comes to worse,you'll be in NYC! having a great time!and only needing hotel for sleep...

Toronto
Level Contributor
379 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Have you stayed at Doubletree Suites TS-Pls help

you are so right, and I really shld not have described this as a big problem. We will make due (because of the aero beds!!) we are all just funny that way in wanting our own bed

and yes we will be in the room very litle

I will call about the sinks

but it is only for info purposes- we are committed to the doubletree

Thanks

Debbie

Fairbanks, Alaska
Level Contributor
1,656 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Have you stayed at Doubletree Suites TS-Pls help

We stayed in a king room at the TS Doubletree Suites in June with our two teenage girls. There was no room in the bedroom for an aerobed -- just enough room to walk around the bed.

There might be enough room in the living room for one single aero bed, but just barely. When the sofabed was unfolded, the desk (which was in front of the window) was on one side, and there was an easy chair on the other side; the only place to put another bed would be between that chair and the bar, which would block access to the door. (We each had a large suitcase and a daypack, and our room was crowded.)

The bathroom had one door to the bedroom, and a door to the living room (next to the bar). I think ours had one sink, but a long counter.

If you are getting snacks/drinks for the room, there is a nice Food Emporium on 8th Ave. at 47th or 48th.

Our girls enjoyed Ellen's Stardust Diner, which is just a few blocks up Broadway. I posted a trip report tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k2098661…

Have fun!

Toronto
Level Contributor
379 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Have you stayed at Doubletree Suites TS-Pls help

Ok that is a problem- do not know how I will solve it until we get there

I do have a back up second ressie at Hilon Garden view Secaucus that if we are desperate for more room I will move to (I know my family sounds picky and they are great travellers except for the bed issue!!)

Yes plan to go to Ellen's

read your trip report-great

but where is John's Pizza?

Thanks

debbie

Fairbanks, Alaska
Level Contributor
1,656 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Have you stayed at Doubletree Suites TS-Pls help

John's Pizza is on 44th between 7th and 8th Ave (closer to 8th).

Finding a room for 4 beds might be difficult. We also considered Embassy Suites near South Street Seaport. Radio City Apartments also gets good reviews on this forum, but I don't know how many beds they have.

Toronto
Level Contributor
379 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Have you stayed at Doubletree Suites TS-Pls help

Radio city has been all booked up for our time for months (since at least April), ES only had king left

and my mom wants to be in TS (we have been before but she has not)

Thanks

debbie

Sunny Queensland...
Level Contributor
2,367 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Have you stayed at Doubletree Suites TS-Pls help

Unfortunately the DT Times Square does not have enough of the 2 bedded suites.Staying in January with our extended family they had booked and confirmed a 2 bedded room but none was available at checkin-and they have hhonors diamond status.So if you can only book the king suite that is what you will get.

I agree that it is unlikely that you can fit 2 aero beds easily into the suite though may just be possible with one up against the main door-that is where it is lucky to have a separate door from bedroom into bathroom.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
7,542 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Have you stayed at Doubletree Suites TS-Pls help

If you are this particular about the bed issue, you will need to book two separate rooms. You will not find a room large enough to accommodate four beds.

Georgia
Level Contributor
100 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Have you stayed at Doubletree Suites TS-Pls help

We stayed at Doubletree during Spring Break (April 2007) I hope your Mom wants to be that close to Time Square.

We went back last May and stayed at Affinia 50 www.affinia.com/

We walked to Time Square from there twice (once after seeing a show) The Affinia 50 are large. We had a one bedroom with double beds.

Perth, western...
Level Contributor
39 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Have you stayed at Doubletree Suites TS-Pls help

Hi Debbie,

Even if you got 2 doubles plus the pull out sofa you would still be 1 bed short would you not?

I stayed at DT over xmas / new years and found calling the hotel directly very helpful when I had any questions/requests. I still have the email address of the manager that I was dealing with so PM me if you would like it.

Although, I think you could squeeze a single aero in the living area by moving the coffee table out of the way (possibly asking housekeeping to move it out of your room altogether?) If you tried to squeeze 2 single aeros in the room you would be sleeping so close to the other person that you might as well be sharing a bed!!

Richard