We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Greenwich Village Food Tasting and Cultural Tour?

Thousand Oaks...
Level Contributor
33 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Greenwich Village Food Tasting and Cultural Tour?

trying to finalize our list of things to do whilst visiting NY the first week in September and have seen the following walking tour. Has anyone been on this tour recently and is it worth the time/money?

http://www.zerve.com/FoodTours/GVTour

Thanks

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16,413 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Greenwich Village Food Tasting and Cultural Tour?

Here's a thread from just a few days ago on this very question, with many responses:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k2157536…

Northeast
Level Contributor
469 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Greenwich Village Food Tasting and Cultural Tour?

Here is the trip report that I wrote yesterday:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k2176544…

The second Saturday report tells all about our experience with the tour. We all really enjoyed it including the two about to go off to college age "kids" that were with us!

Manama, Bahrain
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Greenwich Village Food Tasting and Cultural Tour?

We did this tour in May 2007 and LOVED it! It's become one of my top 5 recommended activities for NYC. The food is great and the recommendations you get are invaluable - not to mention the historical / cultural knowledge you come away with.

Abilene, Texas
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Greenwich Village Food Tasting and Cultural Tour?

I agree with all the above opinions! This tour was a highlight of our trip in December! You will enjoy it!

Thousand Oaks...
Level Contributor
33 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Greenwich Village Food Tasting and Cultural Tour?

Thanks everyone for the helpful feedback and info. I have now booked our tickets and looking forward to the tour and tasting all those wonderful foods.

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
511 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Greenwich Village Food Tasting and Cultural Tour?

Great tour took it last year. Enjoy!

Sydney
Level Contributor
111 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Greenwich Village Food Tasting and Cultural Tour?

Does anyone know if there is too much walking involved in this tour for kids. Ours will be 7 and 9 in April when we will be in NYC. Thanks.

Northeast
Level Contributor
469 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Greenwich Village Food Tasting and Cultural Tour?

I don't know if it's too much walking for a 7 and a 9 year old but I'm pretty sure that it would not hold their interest for even the first 1/2 hour never mind three hours. It really is geared more toward adults I think.

Conn
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Greenwich Village Food Tasting and Cultural Tour?

My boss and her husband just returned today and said the guided tour of Greenwich village was excellent and they loved all the sampling and history of the area... go for it. I was sold and will be going too.

10. Re: Greenwich Village Food Tasting and Cultural Tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 04:20