We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a larger belt !

Devon, UK
Level Contributor
480 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Need a larger belt !

Just got home from 9 wonderful days in NYC. During this time we managed to try out more than a few of the restaurants usually recommended on TA, plus one or two others. Only trouble is, the waistline feels the strain a bit. Will try to follw up soon with a report, but meanwhile, we went to (in no particular order) -

La Bonne Soupe

John's Pizzaria (44th Street)

Ellen's Stardust Diner

Joe Allen

Bubba Gump Shrimp

Trattoria Trecolori (twice)

Virgils Real BBQ

Juniors

Scotty's Diner

Shake Shack

PAX Wholesome foods (for breakfast in Bryant Park)

Big Wong on Mott St with BAG

Peter Luger Steakhouse

Nathans (at Coney Island)

Zabars Gourmet Store (for Sunday picnic in Central park)

Fortunately, the family trusted my (Trip Advisor's) choice and we generally had great meals. Will try and get more down in writing before it becomes a blur.

Canada
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Need a larger belt !

Curious to read your report especially how you liked Coney Island.

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
6,176 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need a larger belt !

Sounds like you ate your way through New York:)

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
4,765 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need a larger belt !

Great List !!! Looking foward to your reviews....

New York, NY
Level Contributor
9,648 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need a larger belt !

Looking for more details please.

And they are having a special at Weight Watchers.......

NYC
Level Contributor
901 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Need a larger belt !

Yay for Scotty's Diner (well, I hope you liked it)!

It does sound like you had a great time - eating is a great way to experience a place!

Devon, UK
Level Contributor
480 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need a larger belt !

I tried to vary where we ate as much as possible. My view is that the dining experience is as much a part of a holiday as regular sight seeing and food is not just fuel.

Having plucked up the courage to get on the scales this morning, have only put on 3 or 4 pounds. This is possibly down to the amount of walking we did round the city, oh, and the sauna like temperatures on the subway platforms.

Our best meals were at Trattoria Trecolori and Peter Luger Steakhouse. The most disappointing were probably Ellen's Stardust Diner and Virgils Real BBQ. In terms of the 'dining experience', these may change.(Details to follow soon, I hope, but back to work tomorrow)

7. Re: Need a larger belt !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 00:18