We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Ice Cream or Dessert in Times Square or Theatre Distric

Texas
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Topic
Good Ice Cream or Dessert in Times Square or Theatre Distric

Any recommendations for post show treats? Thanks!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,666 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Ice Cream or Dessert in Times Square or Theatre Distric

How about Juniors? My daughter and I really enjoyed sitting on their outdoor terrase sharing a huge piece of chocolate mousse cheesecake. Yummy! They also have all sorts of cake, brownies and ice cream.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,661 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Ice Cream or Dessert in Times Square or Theatre Distric

please don't flame me for this but really we have the best of everything here in NY bu tt ice cream. Even the top ice cream places are mediocre at best I haev been all over the world in search of the best ice cream it's not here. I saw someone suggested Juniors I have only been to original the one in Brooklyn so I cant comment on the one in Midtown. However NYC does have the best cheese cake and anywhere you go will have better than any other city. There are a bunch of places in midtown so ask the consierge at the hotel who is best .

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,666 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Ice Cream or Dessert in Times Square or Theatre Distric

A great place for ice cream desserts after a show is Ellen's Stardust Diner, especially if you have any kids with you. The ice cream sundaes, shakes and sodas are excellent and the singing waitstaff make it very fun. Location: 51st and Broadway. Moms

New York NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Ice Cream or Dessert in Times Square or Theatre Distric

Coldstone Creamery (shame on me for suggesting a chain) has such good ice cream, they have a couple locations in that part of town.

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,666 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Ice Cream or Dessert in Times Square or Theatre Distric

BTW: If you are not traveling with kids, it may still be a fun place for you. They tend to sing show tunes and tunes familiar to older generations (by that I mean songs from the 80s and before). Moms

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,316 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good Ice Cream or Dessert in Times Square or Theatre Distric

This article from New York Magazine will be of no help to you in the Theater District. However.....

http://nymag.com/restaurants/features/47821/

I'm a gelato fan. If you happen to be down in the West Village and the urge strikes, I can personally vouch for Grom and L'Arte del Gelato. Dynamite!

Devon, UK
Level Contributor
482 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good Ice Cream or Dessert in Times Square or Theatre Distric

Second vote for cheesecake at Juniors especially sitting at the outside tables, people watching.

If you go to Ellen's, don't accept a seat downstairs, it is so cramped and claustrophobic, wait for a table in the main dining room.

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,666 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good Ice Cream or Dessert in Times Square or Theatre Distric

The main dining room is downstairs at Ellen's. The upstairs balcony can be crowded unless you get a table on the railing. Then you can see all of the action. Moms

Devon, UK
Level Contributor
482 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good Ice Cream or Dessert in Times Square or Theatre Distric

There is a basement dining room as well and they really cram people in down there. As momstravel says, the main dining area is 'downstairs' but this is at at ground level.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,869 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Good Ice Cream or Dessert in Times Square or Theatre Distric

The View restaurant that revolves at the top of the Marriott Marquis hotel serves a dessert buffet. While the dessert itself is nothing great the view is, and a nice way to end an evening.

www.marriott.com/hotels/photo-tours.mi…