We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Brits first time in NY.

Bedworth,
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Help! Brits first time in NY.

This is my first time on TA, and hope you can help.

I know this is late to ask but can you please help with our itinerary? We have been planning for a while our 3/4 day visit to NY (end of August). I have been looking long at the suggestions on TA but still think we need advice.

We are a family of four and here is my planned itinerary. PLEASE HELP AND ADVISE IF IT IS MANAGEABLE AND OK!!!!!

We arrive late afternoon on the Wednesday, staing near Times Sq.

Wednesday

-Times Sq

-Where to eat late evening?

Thursday

-Early Breakfast – ELLENS

-Taxi to Cicle Line

-Beast Boat Ride

-Subwat to High St

-Brooklyn Bridge

-WTC

-Century 21

-Wall St

-Hotel

-Grand Centarl – Juniors

Friday

•Breakfast– Clinton Bakery

•Central Park

•Lunch - suggestions please

•Back to heotel

•Baseball at Yankee Stadium

•Hotel

Saturday

•Breakfast– Brooklyn Diner

•TOTR

•Rockerfeller Centre

•Shopping

Leave for airport around 2pm.

Style Room NYC Shopping Tour Experiences
Walking Tours, Private Tours, Shopping Tours
Chelsea Market
Flea & Street Markets
The Strand Bookstore
Gift & Speciality Shops
Shop Gotham NYC Shopping Tours
Private Tours, Fashion Shows & Tours, Shopping Tours
SW London
Level Contributor
350 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! Brits first time in NY.

Wednesday-Times sq....for eating,I take it you'll have children with you? Bubba Gump's has had great reviews.

Cant help you with the rest but just wanted to add you may be pushing it time wise on the last day to cram TOTR,Rockerfeller AND shopping as im sure everywhere will be extra busy being a saturday.

Devon, UK
Level Contributor
484 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help! Brits first time in NY.

Friday, you are travelling quite a way downtown just for breakfast to come all the way back uptown to Central Park. I would suggest you found somewhere closer to your hotel or on the way to CP.

For lunch, how about a picnic in the park. I recommend calling in at Zabar's Gourmet Store (80th St & Broadway), buy your picnic food and then walk across to the Park. There are plenty of lovely spots to sit and eat and the kids can have a run around at the same time. All part of the park experience.

Clydebank, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help! Brits first time in NY.

If you have time I would recommend going on the Staten Island Ferry.....its free and the view of manhattan is breathtaking

If you like German food, I recommend visiting the Lederhosen bierhaus in Grove Street in the Village (say hi to Irina for me lol)

I can guarentee you'll not see everything you want to see on your first visit, of that I'm 100% sure

Hope this helps

Bedworth,
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help! Brits first time in NY.

Thanks for all the advise. I'm sure we won't be able to see anywhere near everything but we will be back I'm sure.

5. Re: Help! Brits first time in NY.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 08:39