We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Accommodation in NYC

ireland
Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Family Accommodation in NYC

I am looking for nice family accommodation in NYC for mid October - 2 adults and 3 chn (aged 7-13) at a reasonable cost. Any suggestions for something in a central area. This is our first trip to NYC.

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Accommodation in NYC

You should probably state what "a reasonable cost" means to you (in USDs).

ireland
Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Accommodation in NYC

Sorry! I cant seem to see anything under $500 - in mid town. Am I just looking in the wrong places?? The hotel would have to be really great for me to spend that much.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,501 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family Accommodation in NYC

There are not that many hotels with rooms for 5. Prices for NYC hotels are skyrocketing given how popular a destination it is. I'm guessing you're coming during school hols like lots of other families. Hotel rooms work on the basis of supply and demand and many folks have already booked for Oct. Soooooooo....

you can try looking at

affinia.com

all suite hotels. You can also try

Radiocityapartments.com

beaconhotel.com

milburnhotel.com

Embassy Suites

Doubletree Guest Suites Times Square

Courtyard Marriott Midtown East

If these don't work, your next option is to stay outside Manhattan. What airport do you fly in/out of?

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
2,495 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family Accommodation in NYC

You've left it kind of late so that's part of the problem. And NY isn't cheap. What did you want to pay?

Is that $500 for just a hotel room? The Affinia Dumont has one bed apartments for around that (bedroom with 2 dbl beds, sofa bed in living room), kitchen etc. Don't know how many nights or exact dates you're travelling so hard to be totally specific.

Travelling with children I'd always go for an apartment. Affinia's have a front desk so you still have that if you need it.

This is the website if you want to check

www.affinia.com

HTH's

ebabe

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
717 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family Accommodation in NYC

Unfortunately that's about the average cost for a hotel in the Midtown area.

The cheapest hotel I found within the city limits was Manhattan Broadway Budget Hotel, located at 273 W 38th St. According to Hotels.com, they are charging $335 for mid-October.

Check out the reviews on Tripadvisor - the first review is from a family of 5 as well.

Hope that helps!

6. Re: Family Accommodation in NYC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 22:20