We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NY visit

uk
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
NY visit

Me and my family are hoping to go to new york in april :D

the problem is i looked on expedia and the hotels are never nice the cheap ones,we dont want to spend lots as it wil cost lots for shopping ,eating etc so can anyone reccomend a central hotel in manhattan cheap etc?

Also with direct flights from manchester uk 3 adults well i might be a child at 16,does anyone know of anywere?

and what are must do's apart from emipire state ,statue of lib, etc

thanks

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
7,542 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NY visit

What's "cheap"?

Really, it sounds like you need to do some more searching about flight costs and what a reasonable hotel would be.

There's an FAQ sticky at the top of this forum that would be of use to you. This forum is a great help, but you've got to start by planning your own trip.

uk
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NY visit

iv been looking for ages just the same flights cheapest is delta codeshare though with air france and flying direct MAN-JFK and theres some airport hotels cheap.im talking for a week 3 people return less than £2000

more £1500

i have found these sort of prices but reviews for the hotels arent great.

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: NY visit

Perhaps you should repost your last message - makes absolutely no sense!

Do you have flights booked?

What hotels are you looking at and what price range?

Remember reviews are not always the best way to judge a hotel - some people are so picky if the bedspread is askew it's a major offense to them.

So, rethink your question, and express it in an legible, understandable manner and perhaps someone could offer you some assistance.

Poppa

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NY visit

It sounds like you've been packages. Have you tried looking at booking hotels and flight separately? Often you'll get a better deal, and you can then choose your own hotel.

There are lots of hotels that can sleep three in a room - the cheaper ones are the Salisbury Hotel and Radio City Apartments.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
718 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: NY visit

I don't think plane tickets judge by how old you are, especially if you are 16 -- you will be considered an adult, unless you are a 16 year old that's very, very short and small!

Price your flights first on Expedia, Travelocity, etc. Use NYC All Airports (JFK, LGA and EWR) so you can get the best prices/options.

When you have finished doing that, then look at hotels. What areas do you want to stay in? Are you ok with staying in the outer boroughs? Frankly, New York in April is very pleasant and beautiful, which also means that it will be expensive.

The must-see sights from a tourist's perspective - Statue of Liberty, Rockefeller Center, Grand Central Terminal, Times Square, Brooklyn Bridge, Broadway shows, Fifth Avenue... there really are a lot of things to do in NY, just depends on your interests and finances.

uk
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: NY visit

no nothing is booked,just looking for a reasonable deal to nyc for flights and nice enough accomadation :)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,869 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: NY visit

Start speaking English. My family and I...

What does "does anyone know of anywere.." mean exactly? Are you looking for websites? Hotels?

You can have a look at what's been suggested here

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k2188631…

I'm sure you're computer savvy. Start searching the forum for info on must do's. There are also links on the left of this page for "things to do" "before you go" etc.

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: NY visit

"we dont want to spend lots as it wil cost lots for shopping ,eating etc so can anyone reccomend a central hotel in manhattan cheap etc?"

You don't HAVE to shop, you know.

Devon, UK
Level Contributor
482 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: NY visit

Phil, if you are talking £1500 to £2000 for the flights AND hotel for three adults for a week in NYC, then I don't think you are going to have a great deal of success. Even more so if the week you are looking to travel includes Easter, you are travelling at peak UK school holiday time. If this is not the whole budget, please provide more info.

uk
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: NY visit

were looking at coming in feb now end of going into march! and yes £1200 i can get a deal for flights and accom for 3 people:)