We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel near St Patrick;s Cathedral

new york
Level Contributor
417 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
hotel near St Patrick;s Cathedral

looking for a hotel for one night in oct. within walking distance to the cathedral. Needs to have nice restaurant within for family gathering. Price range up to 500 for night. thank you in advance for any advice or info.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,964 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel near St Patrick;s Cathedral

Closest is the NY Palace, a gorgeous place. Whether it will be $500 or more in Oct. I can't say. It has Gilt restaurant (very very pricey) but you don't really need a rest. inside the hotel since there are dozens in the area. The Omni Berkshire is also not far and the Benjamin is another option that's a suite hotel, good for families.

new york
Level Contributor
417 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel near St Patrick;s Cathedral

thanks thats a start. I will make some phone calls tomorrow.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,964 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel near St Patrick;s Cathedral

Phone calls? You should look on their websites first and see what prices are posted. THEN phone and see if you can negotiate down from there. ;)

menupages.com

will give you restaurant options wherever you want.

There's another way of finding hotels and that's to map a location on

maps.google.com

and then use the "search nearby" option for hotels or restaurants.

west yorkshire
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel near St Patrick;s Cathedral

just stayed at the New York Palace for a weekend, fantastic hotel, beautiful lobby and friendly staff, rooms great, we stayed in executive room to make use of the executive lounge for breakfast, evening snacks and drinks, but not sure you would need that for 1 night. The rates for room only seemed reasonable in August but I think will be a bit more in October, but worth checking out. hope this helps

new york
Level Contributor
417 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel near St Patrick;s Cathedral

Thank you I really like the palace I have to call because I need to arrange a cocktail party as well for a group gathering. Thanks for you help.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
268 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel near St Patrick;s Cathedral

Hi there, I highly suggest The Pod Hotel, I have stayed there 3 times. The price is about $170-200 a night , most likely around $170. It's a fabulous hotel with 2 restaurants on either side, a spectacular roof garden, excellent service & staff and a very funky interior and decor. The rooms have rain showers, marble showers, very modern and clean. They also have Apple alarm clocks that have a ipod dock built in. It's a great place and just a very short walk from St. Patricks, you will pass by it every day!

New York State, USA
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,408 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel near St Patrick;s Cathedral

I can recommend the San Carlos Hotel which is two blocks away from the Cathedral on 50th St. and Lexington. tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60763-d80112-R… However, I just re-read your post and I don't know if a nice Indian restaurant in the hotel will fit the bill! There are a lot of restaurants nearby and on Second Ave.

8. Re: hotel near St Patrick;s Cathedral

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 12:25