We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wicked what are the chances?

south yorks
Level Contributor
141 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Wicked what are the chances?

We are coming to New york on the 29th of December for a week. I was wondering what are the chances of picking up 2 tickets for Wicked? Also what will the price of the cheapest seats be and are they likely to be available. We would also like to see another play or musical so don't want to spend a fortune.

MA
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Wicked what are the chances?

We just got back from NYC. There's a reduced price ticket booth at the Marriott Marquis Hotel. You can also get reduced price tickets to shows at the theater box office before the show. If you have your heart set on Wicked you should order full price tickets ow since that's a holiday week. There was along line in front of Wicked for the reduced price tickets that go on sale at 6:00. I've seen Wicked, it's a great show, worth the full price admission.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wicked what are the chances?

If you can get tickets from ticketmaster do so now, this is possibly the most popular show of all time. There are NEVER tickets for wicked at the TKTS (1/2 price) ticket booths. The really cheap same day tickets are sold on a lottery system, so if you go that route both of you should both enter the lottery (if you are picked you can get 2 tickets). Your chance of being picked depends on how many others are in the lottery. IF there is a big snow storm one day there might also be full price tickets available same day.

Cheapest full price tickets are about $55, the same day cheap seats (front row, not the best seats for this show, but not too bad) are around $28. Finally, I have found tickets avaialble on stubhub at not much more than the face value.

Bremerton...
Level Contributor
333 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wicked what are the chances?

Just a reminder! I still have two single tickets for Wicked, one for the evening performance and one for the matinee on Saturday, December 20, 2008...$135 each. Evening seat is Row G, Seat 22 (right Orch) and matinee is Row S, Seat 115 (center Orch). I ordered too many because I thought other family members were coming to NYC with us for Christmas. We staggered our tickets due to babysitting issues (that's why I have tickets to more than one show). Email me if you are interested.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,474 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wicked what are the chances?

This is a question I honestly don't understand. What exactly are you asking?

Will we find seats to Wicked if we wait until we arrive?

NO

What are the cheapest seats to Wicked?

The cheapest seats sold are $61.25 plus processing fees.

If you enter the lottery same day as the show, you can get seats for $25.

playbill.com/events/event_detail/2236.html

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
34,795 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wicked what are the chances?

Wicked is one of the hottest shows out. Discount and Wicked are two words that are not to be uttered in the same sentence. A friend of mine called and reserved tickets from Israel. She had so so seats. ( I was in Israel at the time so I coudln't help) When she called to confirm from NY they upgraded her to better seats. She spent over $100 a ticket--she was there last Thursday.This was the least expensive available a month ago. You want during Christmas. If your heart is set on it--then reserve now and consider it a holiday gift to yourself.

south yorks
Level Contributor
141 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wicked what are the chances?

I am not asking for discounted tickets I would be happy for any tickets around $100 each for myself andmy daughter. I can get them for that price now but by the time they add extras on including postage it is coming very close to £300. I just wanted to know if there are usually the cheaper tickets available to buy direct from the theater. Sorry I do not know how the system works and excuse me if I am being ignorant.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
711 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wicked what are the chances?

Hi kerry1973, I think that MOST outlets that sell Broadway tickets will charge you the same amount, plus processing fees. I don't think the difference is much, so just buy it wherever you can find it. Also, make sure that the outlet you are buying from is reputable. Have you tried ticketmaster.com?

It is not wise to wait until you are in NY to buy the tickets since Wicked is usually sold out months in advanced, especially since you are coming during the holiday season. If you are to see any show on Broadway, Wicked is definitely the one to see.

Just FYI, I bought Wicked tickets for Valentine's Day 6 months in advanced!

Enjoy!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,474 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wicked what are the chances?

If there are $100 tickets available now and you buy 2 tickets, it inconceivable that added taxes and fees would get you to 300GBP (or $600?????). More likely, the tickets you're seeing are $135 each and with added fees it becomes $286 or so. You don't need to have the tickets mailed. Opt for "will call" at the theater for $2.50.

south yorks
Level Contributor
141 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wicked what are the chances?

Sorry put the pound sign insted of the dollar.I meant $300. If I opted to collect where would I collect them from? thankyou.

south yorks
Level Contributor
141 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wicked what are the chances?

Sorry ignore the last post I can now see I can pick them up from the theater.