We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which subway

cambs
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Topic
which subway

Hi Helpers, it will be first time in N Y, does anyone know which subway i need to take from JFK airport to Holiday inn 6th ave 125 west 26th street N Y thank you P M

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
137 reviews
from US$175.00*
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,113 reviews
from US$199.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
996 reviews
from US$83.99*
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,386 reviews
from US$36.00*
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16,413 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which subway

Have you read the FAQ page on airport transfers?

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60763-s301/New-York-…

New York NY
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which subway

I didn't know Holiday Inn built a hotel there. I just checked their website, it is there. Brand new. Great area.

It is actually a very short walk from Penn Station.

If it were me and I could easily manage my luggage... I'd take the JFK Air Train to Jamaica station. Note, alternate trains go to Howard Beach and alternate trains go to Jamaica. Board a Jamaica Air Train (they're well marked and very frequent).

Take the Long Island Rail Road from Jamaica station to New York Penn Station.

Exit at 7th Avenue and 31st / 32nd Streets. Walk down 7th Avenue (in the direction of the automobile traffic) to 26th Street, hang a left and you'll find your hotel between 6th and 7th Avenues.

How many of you will there be? We'll tell you which MetroCard is your best value. Are you planning to buy unlimited ride cards once you get into town?

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which subway

also you can use www.hopstop.com

cambs
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: which subway

Thank you for your prompt informative answers, there are 2 of us staying 4 nights, will we get bored trying to find places to visit :)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
421 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: which subway

if it were me i would take the hotel drop off coach. it does visit quite a few hotels but you dont have to change at Jamaica and it only costs about $15. If you really want to splash out then tabe a yellow cab for $50 (hopefully it has not been increased since my last visit in May 08) enjoy my favorite city and do let us know how you got on

New York NY
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: which subway

I know that some people like the airport coach but it just seems like you always have to change from the large motorcoach to a smaller van at Grand Central and then it takes forever going from hotel to hotel to hotel.

The locals prefer the Air Train / LIRR over the bus because it is much faster, less expensive, and much more reliable considering it doesn't have to fight the traffic.

There are several options, bus, train, taxi, Air Train to subway at Howard Beach. There are definitely many more ways than one and it is very much personal preference. I prefer the Air Train to the LIRR.

7. Re: which subway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 21:20