We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tourist Map

manchester
Level Contributor
183 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Tourist Map

Going in a couple of weeks.

Looking for a decent map that can be purchased on line.

Any recomendations ?

Thanks

Col

Real New York Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Free Tours by Foot
Bike Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Night Tours, Food Tours
SANDEMANs NEW Europe - New York
City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
NYC Horse Carriage Rides
Horse-Drawn Carriage Tours, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Leics, UK
Level Contributor
26 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tourist Map

Hi Col

I would have an idea of the places and areas you want to visit before going (use the internet & this site to help you) but then pay a visit to The Times Square Visitor Centre just up from TGI Fridays you'll get a gr8 free map from there, you get them from the main desk (though we were given the same one when we checked into our hotel.) We had several books before we went that had maps in, but the freebie one was the only one we used!! At the end of our trip it was ragged around the edges but this was testiment to how much we'd actually used it. Hope this helps.

Enjoy your trip!!

Minxy

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
57,141 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tourist Map

I like the "Streetwise" maps, I've got a collection of about 8 of them now.

I like them because they're laminated and fold up enough to be put in a pocket.

http://www.streetwisemaps.com

3. Re: Tourist Map

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2008, 13:50
Uppsala, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,770 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tourist Map

Buy the NYC Not for tourists guidebook. Its excellent for every need and has detailed maps in it as well.

Have a great time.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
2,515 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tourist Map

You could take a look at The New York Mapguide: The Essential Guide to Manhattan by Michael Middleditch

Available on Amazon. I would post a link but it is ridiculously long!

ebabe

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tourist Map

I would also go with The New York Mapguide, like ebabe69 above. It's in book form, like a small A-Z and has everything marked on there. You can buy it online, but I got mine off the shelf at Waterstones. If they don't have it in, they will order it for you.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tourist Map

The map for the entire subway system is available free in any station. A worthwhile pickup

Pakistan
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Tourist Map

Its good

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tourist Map

I just bought the Moleksine NYC guide. It is small and compact and very user friendly. I purchased it on the recommendation of another poster. Tons of them for sale on ebay.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tourist Map

i see you are from manchester - we got a great map from waterstones in the arndale! Maybe worth checking out?