We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ellen's Stardust Diner????

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Topic
Ellen's Stardust Diner????

Is this as good as the reviews? Can you get a beer or glass of wine here at lunch or dinner? I checked menupages but couldn't find out.

Thanks, Moira

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,666 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ellen's Stardust Diner????

Yes they serve beer and wine. Their breakfast is good, their burgers, fries, shakes and desserts are good. Stay away from everything else and you'll be fine.

The entertainment is wonderful. These young people are amazing singers. We've been several times and it's worth the trip.

Have a blast!

New York, NY
Level Contributor
9,648 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ellen's Stardust Diner????

I agree, keep the food simple and you will have fun.

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
7,585 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ellen's Stardust Diner????

My husband and I were there just two weeks ago, for breakfast. The singers are amazing, so entertaining and fun. When we went in (for breakfast), they were singing songs from Broadway shows, and they were wonderful. I could have stayed there for hours listening to them.

We were there about 9 a.m. and went right in and got seated, there was no wait at all. Breakfast cost about $25 for two of us...definitely worth the cost with the entertainment.

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Ellen's Stardust Diner????

Went there many years ago with the children and just got a report from a neighbor who took her teens - they loved it.

Ellen't Stardust DINER and the emphasis is on that DINE#R - stick with club sandwiches, burgers, dogs, grilled cheese etc...fancy meals, not so much - this is diner food - the entertainment is essentially free, they do accept gratuities and for the 'free' entertainment you pay a bit more for the food than other diners around town.

If you are just looking for a classic diner/coffee shop environment, at the Edison Hotel on 47th just off B'way - the Cafe Edison serves diner fare and is always busy - sometimes this is a good sign, because there are plenty of other eateries in the area...never had a bum quick meal here....again, diner food, stick with the basics - it's not the place for a relaxing dinner.

Poppa

Devon, UK
Level Contributor
480 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ellen's Stardust Diner????

As well as the main dining area you see as you go in, they also have a basement dining room. Yes the wait staff do also sing down stairs, though the acoustics aren't that good, but they really squash the diners together. When we had lunch there, it wasn't a comfortable experience, though, as reported the singing was good, especially Ginger who sang songs from Wicked.

If they want you to go and sit in the basement dining room, I recommend you ask to wait for a table to become free on the ground floor or mezzanine level.

6. Re: Ellen's Stardust Diner????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 23:16