We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yankee Stadium to 77th/Broadway

michigan
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Topic
Yankee Stadium to 77th/Broadway

I am taking the 4 train straight up to Yankee Stadium, but on the way back I wanted to end up at 77th/Broadway for lunch.

Can I take the B or D train down or do I have to do a R train and transfer over to B or D? Thanks!

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
11,328 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Yankee Stadium to 77th/Broadway

Take the Downtown #4 to 149th St. (one stop away) and switch for the Downtown #2, then switch at 96th St. for the #1 to 79th St.

You can also take the Downtown D to 125th St. and switch for the Downtown B or C, but that'll let you out at Central Park West and 81st, a bit farther away.

michigan
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Yankee Stadium to 77th/Broadway

Thanks Bettina for the info. It's really hard looking at the subway maps that I have and telling what's what.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
2,569 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Yankee Stadium to 77th/Broadway

You can also take the D to 59th and transfer to the uptown 1/9 train as well. The D runs express from 125th to 59th (no stops) so should be pretty fast.

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
11,328 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Yankee Stadium to 77th/Broadway

That sounds much better!

NYC
Level Contributor
290 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Yankee Stadium to 77th/Broadway

If I had to do this, I would take the D downtown to 125th St and transfer to the B or C local downtown to 81st St and Central Park West. It's just a short walk over to B'Way and 77th from there and you can walk past the Museum of Natural History and it's park.

Fishers, Indiana
Level Contributor
898 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Yankee Stadium to 77th/Broadway

Off your requested topic on Yankee Stadium - but you need to know if you do not already know.

You CANNOT take a backpack or duffel bag into Yankee Stadium. They will give you a clear plastic bag for your stuff, but will need to check your bag a nearby bowling alley or discard your bag.

Women's purses, including large ones, seem OK. But the problem with our small duffel bag nearly ruined our trip to the Stadium.

Enjoy.

michigan
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Yankee Stadium to 77th/Broadway

Thanks everyone for all the great info!