We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suite hotel question..

Mississippi
8 posts
Save Topic
Suite hotel question..

I've narrowed my choices down to three, the Salisbury Hotel, Affenia 50, and the Hotel Beacon. Just want to make sure my assessment is correct. The Salisbury hotel is cheapest and is in a very good location (going with my son, 7, and nephew,10). The Affenia 50 is also a good location for activities, a little more expensive but rooms are a little nicer. The Beacon is in a more residential area, quieter at night but also close to Central Park. Also, I'm planning on going in June '09. When is the best time to book a room to insure I get a room and get the best price?

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
2,514 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suite hotel question..

That's pretty much it! The Upper Westside (Beacon) is a popular location with those in the know or have been to NYC a few times and/or who don't feel the need to be right near Times Square (I fall into the camp of not wanting to be in TS but I understand why others do).

Other than deals turning up ie the Affinia group just had a one week booking period offering special rates for reservations running into March 09, if your dates are fairly set - and you know you want to stay somewhere inparticular - it's never to early to book. All of your choices are fairly popularso you might want to bear that in mind to.

As I'm sure you're aware renting apt style accommodation, other than via apart-hotel type options, is not advisable which again limits the amount of genuine options open to you.

HTH's

ebabe

new york, ny
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suite hotel question..

Another one that I have found:

* The London

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,964 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suite hotel question..

The Salisbury rooms are large but very dated. It's close to the south end of the park. The Beacon is near the Mus. of Natural History, great for boys.

The best time to book is NOW for a cancelable rate and wait to see if prices go down. Check several websites for best prices. Make sure you're comparing same size rooms (ie 1 bedroom suite to 1 bedroom suite or whatever you decide)

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
123 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suite hotel question..

We stayed in the Affinia 50 in March and got a good deal by booking through quikbook, much cheaper than booking with the hotel directly.

We went for this hotel mainly because a friend had stayed there last and also it got pretty good reviews on the TA.

We were delighted with the hotel, location and the service in general. We emailed ahead to say that it was my husband's birthday and they kindly upgraded us and put a bottle of Champagne in the room. I would certainly recommend the Affinia 50 and definitely visit again!

Have a great trip.

A:)

MD
Level Contributor
292 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suite hotel question..

The London is fabulous and in a different league from the others being considered.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
Level Contributor
5,597 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suite hotel question..

I think some of it depends on how many beds you need. If you need two beds in the bedroom, be sure to specify. Some suite hotels offer only a sofa bed besides the bedroom bed. That can work for some folks. Have fun!

7. Re: Suite hotel question..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 21:19