We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tickets to Jersey Boys.

Ireland
Level Contributor
47 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Tickets to Jersey Boys.

After much deciding on what show we should try and see we are hoping to get to see the Jersey Boys on Sat next 4th Oct. On any website that I've tried to book the tickets they will only post them to my address, none seem to have a call and collect facility. Can anyone advise a website that will do this? We are leaving Ireland on Thurs so therefore tickets would not be here in time.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tickets to Jersey Boys.

I checked with ticketmaster, the official site for tickets, and, as expected, the show is sold out (until march it seems). Sbubhub.com (or other legitimate brokers) might have some tickets avalable. Stubhub is a legal ticket broker. The regular price for orch. seats is about $130+service charges. The broker will often charge more, especially for saturday evening performances, but if you MUST see this show a ticket broker is the only way to go at this point, and since the resellers are not affiliated with the theaters most don't have locations where you can pick up tickets. You could show up at the Box Office the day before and hope for something, but why not just pick one of the many other fine shows that don't sell out. Checkout playbill.com (join for free, some shows have discounts for members) for info on the many shows you can get ticekts to without going to a "scalper".

Ireland
Level Contributor
47 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tickets to Jersey Boys.

Thanks for that Al, would you suggest any other shows for the Saturday night.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tickets to Jersey Boys.

You can get info at playbill.com on all shows, but here are my current favorites in on particular order;

Spring Awakening - music by duncan sheek, very edgy and adult, with pretty adult language. The story is dark and a bit sad, but the show itself is great. There is a lot of cursing, sexual themes, etc. It is a very adult show.

Spamalot - Monty Python on broadway. If you don't like monty python, you won't like this

Gypsy - a traditional musical, Patty Lupone is great

If you like Mell Brooks you might like Young Frankensein - Mell sat behind me when I saw it.

Hairspray - from the John Waters show.

Have fun

Al

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,913 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Tickets to Jersey Boys.

Al is spot on (once again) - there are over 200+ productions currently playing on B'way, Off-B'way etc.

Check www.broadwaybox.com, www.theatermania.com for what is currently available.....

They will give you discount codes which you use at Ticketmaster.

You have to "join" b-box and t-mania - it's free to sign up, they offer pretty much 50% discounts with a small service charge and have the option of will call, picking up tickets at the box office.

Not knowing your likes - pretty difficult to suggest a specific show....

Poppa

CT
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tickets to Jersey Boys.

Applause tickets shows tickets for Jersey Boys for the OCt 4 matinee and evening shows in the $300->$400 range (ouch!).

www.applause-tickets.com

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,913 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Tickets to Jersey Boys.

When we saw the show last year, had ordered tickets 10 months in advance, the list price was $112.50 plus a 6 - 7 dollar service charge per order.

So, you can see, tickets are available for 3-400 dollars - that's why they call them scalpers......................

Plenty of other fish in the pond, so to speak, go for a lesser known show - you won't be disappointed.

P

Ireland
Level Contributor
47 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tickets to Jersey Boys.

Thanks for all your help and tips.

Finally settled on Phantom of the Opera, tickets booked, got good seats.

Can anyone recommend a restaurant near here for dinner before. Its for a Saturday night.

Blacksburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
10 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tickets to Jersey Boys.

We decided at the last minute to try to get tickets to Jersey Boys and went to the ticket box at the theatre. They had the $3-400 tickets available but told us to come back at 5:30 to check for cancellations. We ended up finding someone outside needing to sell 2 tickets so we got lucky, but evidently the theatre also had some cancelled seats for sell, The lady at the theatre said that it was common to have cancellations. Our first time so I don't know how accurate this is but...worth a try

9. Re: Tickets to Jersey Boys.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 07:16