We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Discount for foreigners?

Staffordshire
11 posts
Save Topic
Discount for foreigners?

HI, I've heard that department stores like bloomingdales offer discount to foreign people. Is this true? If so where do I get them from?

Thanks

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Discount for foreigners?

Go to the store with your passport............

Staffordshire
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Discount for foreigners?

Thanks poppa, where else do I get discount. Do you reccomend anything?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Discount for foreigners?

Lord and Taylor (15%), Bloomingdales and Macy's (11%) all offer a visitor pass. Ask in each store where you can get it, as it's slightly different for each.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
5,032 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Discount for foreigners?

Macy's does as well, I think Lord and Taylor also does

Staffordshire
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Discount for foreigners?

Thanks alot, New York here i come!!!!!! lol

meath
Level Contributor
149 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Discount for foreigners?

hi, Macy's does but when my friend handed the voucher to the cashier in the tommy hilfiger section she said it wasn't for "everyday items".she wasn't prepared to explain, we had no problem in other areas of the store

glasgow uk
Level Contributor
795 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Discount for foreigners?

The stores will accept your driving license if it is the photo one. The ID is really to prove that you are from overseas.You get the discount cards at customer service. I'm not sure about the other stores but in Macy's you even get the 11% off sale goods. Enjoy

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
4,530 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Discount for foreigners?

In Bloomingdales go to the customer services (Visitor information) desk which is upstairs on the first floor balcony. They will register your details and give you a discount card which you then show at each register when paying. As mentioned, you need ID such as passport or photo driving licence.

Some brands are however excluded - there is a list of exclusions given.

First time we went we only found out after we had bought something - the store very kindly gave us a refund of the discount. You sometimes also get a choice of free gift if you spend a certain amount.

The visitor centre staff are very helpful and act as a concierge. See;

…bloomingdales.com/about/shopping/visitor.jsp

auckland
Level Contributor
155 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Discount for foreigners?

wow, good to know. Is women's clothing at Macy's and Bloomingdales very expensive?

Wrexham,North Wales
Level Contributor
235 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Discount for foreigners?

Hi

Lilkelzboo I have checked out macy's and bloomingdales web sites before I come over. I would like a pair of Jeans found a pair hope they have them in store! When I worked out the cost $ to UK£ they are cheep would pay about double for the make I want to get back here in the UK and with the discount as well makes it much better!

So a little surfing the net and research can be most usefull.