We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staten Island Ferry for Statue of Liberty?

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,156 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Staten Island Ferry for Statue of Liberty?

Hi

Visiting for the first time in early November. Was thinking of taking the Staten Island ferry to see the Statue of Liberty. Where do I get the ferry from?

Is this a good way to see Lady Liberty or should we actually go to the island and also Ellis Island on the Ellis Island ferry which I believe you get from Battery Park

bebington
Level Contributor
206 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staten Island Ferry for Statue of Liberty?

Hi Twirl We were planning taking the Staten Island Ferry. We wanted to go to Ellis Island so after we visited there we decided not to do the Staten Island Ferry as we had already seen Lady Liberty. We did not get off at Liberty Island but did the audio tour ($18 including ferry) on Ellis Island which we enjoyed.

My thoughts are if you want to go to Ellis Island anyway you will get a great view of Lady Liberty. If not then take the Staten Island Ferry which is free.

Pam

Plymouth...
Level Contributor
574 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staten Island Ferry for Statue of Liberty?

I think Ellis Island is well worth the time and the boat takes you to Liberty Island as well as Ellis Island. We didn't get off at Liberty Island but loved Ellis Island.

3. Re: Staten Island Ferry for Statue of Liberty?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 02:20