We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roosevelt hotel

uk
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Roosevelt hotel

Just going to book the roosevelt , is this good haha,

do you reccomend?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Roosevelt hotel

It's fine.

There's a code on travelzoo.com at the moment, but don't know if this is good for whatever dates you need.

If you post your dates and budget, you may get some alternatives, if you want them.

uk
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Roosevelt hotel

woop we have booked haha just some reviews here arnt good and on trip advisor are lol.

cant wait

soo febuary what do you defently reccomend anything special :D

Queens, NY
Level Contributor
7,968 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Roosevelt hotel

A heavy coat.

uk
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Roosevelt hotel

haha yes i wont forget that!

belfast
Level Contributor
493 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Roosevelt hotel

Hi we stayed at the roosevelt this time last year and loved it. the only concern we had was the walls are like paper and you hear everything going on in the room next to you (and i mean everything)great location and would stay again (with ear plugs)

melbourne, australia
Level Contributor
195 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Roosevelt hotel

Great location and I agree about the paper thin walls.

Our friends were having an argument in their room & the people next door rang the front desk to complain, and rightly so!

Other than that my son kept complaining about the static electricity but we enjoyed our stay.

NYC
Level Contributor
3,422 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Roosevelt hotel

Stayed there with my mom last christmas; slept better there than I do in my apt. One tip...if you can somehow get the "free breakfast" vouchers; by all means do. We got them by upgrading to a higher level room for an additional $20 a night...so worth it!

The "Teddy's breakfast" as they call it was sensational. It's a very large buffet ordinarily $27 per person. (Starbucks provides the coffee.) I also loved late night Sliders & Beer in the lobby bar. Frozen Margaritas were on the room service menu, so for these reasons I love this hotel.

NORTH BOSTON N.Y.
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Roosevelt hotel

JULY- 2008, Pleasant stay at this hotel, room 1210, next to a corner room. Large double, clean @ $231.00 per nite less tax. Two adults one child, very comfortable, will go back. Found this room on Expedia, called the hotel direct and they beat the Expedia $$$.

Cheshire England
Level Contributor
265 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Roosevelt hotel

Hi Old Skidude.

Was room 1210 a standard or an upgraded room. We are staying at this hotel for just one night (pre-cruise) in November and would like to email the hotel to request a decent room number. I know that probably sounds pathetic for a one night stay, but it's our first time in New York and we're REALLY looking forward to it. Do you have any more info that may help. Oh, by the way, what was the view like from your window, and did you eat in the hotel restaurant?

Thanks very much

Holiliday

NYC
Level Contributor
3,422 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Roosevelt hotel

Our upgraded room really wasn't overly spectacular or anything; then again I didn't see the basic. But I liked it...toiletries are from Bath & Body Works. (This is a VERY important criteria for me.)

There is more than one restaurant. They serve breakfast in one dining room. Then there is the main dining room, which was Holiday Prix Fixe so we skipped it. The bar has tables and a pretty substantial menu.

But if I were only gonna be in New York for one night, I would dine next door in one of the Grand Central restaurants overlooking the concourse. The entrances to Jordans & Metrazur may as well be in the lobby.