We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Don we now our gay apparel"

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
548 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
"Don we now our gay apparel"

"Fa la la, la la la, la la la"

Afternoon folks, I'll be in the Park in 7 weeks you know ??

So obviously you're in the mood for a sing

Anyway the reason I am here is - where can I find a good old-fashioned, sing til your bally lungs hurt christmas carol concert ??

It has to be something we can still get tickets/reservations for and ideally we'd like something after December 21st

As ever, many thanks in advance

Matthew

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16,413 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Don we now our gay apparel"

The South Street Seaport hosts FREE caroling shows (45 minutes) in front of their Christmas tree on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. Here's their page with last year's info; check back closer to the date to get the details for this year:

southstreetseaport.com/html/EventDetail.asp…

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16,413 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "Don we now our gay apparel"

And I see that Carnegie Hall is doing a concert called "The American Christmas Carol" on the 21st in the recital hall. They're also doing Handel's Messiah on the 21st, 22nd, and 23rd in the main hall, and if you're here on the 20th, the NY Pops is playing there with the King's Singers. (The Pops is doing their annual holiday concert, which usually ends with an audience sing-a-long of "Sleigh Ride.")

www.carnegiehall.org/SiteCode/Intro.aspx

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
548 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "Don we now our gay apparel"

"and the award for quickest reply ever on Tripadvisor goes to ....."

Fantastic, many thanks for that

New York State, USA
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,406 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "Don we now our gay apparel"

Matthew, I would like to present to you the award for best TA forum title ever: "Don we now our gay apparel."

hee,hee,hee... I mean fa,la,la...

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
107 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: "Don we now our gay apparel"

No idea about the Christmas carols. Just wondering if you ever got your Crocs? :)

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
548 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: "Don we now our gay apparel"

Geez that takes me back, ok after much thinking I decided not to bother because there were too many "mock" crocs appearing

I went for Converse instead

I thinks it's just wonderful that you have all been worrying over my footwear though

On another point my feet have actually shrunk this year - I'm only an 8 now !!

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: "Don we now our gay apparel"

Loving all the recomendations.

Sorry to hijak the thread...Im there from 23rd? We are looking for some carols on the 24th? Or any recomendations for a good christmassy service on Christmas day. Any denomination.

8. Re: "Don we now our gay apparel"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 14:20