We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Peak Autumn Leaves Colors

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
5,792 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Peak Autumn Leaves Colors

Just in case anyone is coming to NYC this week and is wondering about the fall foliage, it now looks like the leaves are at peak color. I took a train ride on the Metro North this weekend and the leaves have all just about changed red, orange, yellow and brown along the Jersey Palisades. So if you are heading to NYC, try to enjoy the peak fall colors in Central Park or a bit further outside the city this week or this weekend. Pretty soon they'll all be gone. And please don't forget to wear a sweater or blazer because it's also starting to get cold in the evenings.

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Peak Autumn Leaves Colors

LP - thanks for the information - colors are really late this year - we're just about past peak in central Connecticut - however the leaves are reluctant to drop from the branches - I didn't think the colors were that brilliant this year - too much rain........

Poppa

Caerphilly, United...
Level Contributor
1,533 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Peak Autumn Leaves Colors

We've had fantastic tree colours this year in the UK and are being told it's because of all the rain we had in the summer and therefore the trees are really healthy.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Peak Autumn Leaves Colors

This is the exact time I was there last year and they hadn't really started to turn yet. Just my luck!

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Peak Autumn Leaves Colors

I was in Prospect Park in Brooklyn over the weekend and it was just magical. It appeared to be just about peak. I have all the country I need right here in Brooklyn.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
7,542 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Peak Autumn Leaves Colors

The park near my house confirms this, as did a trip to Central park for the marathon yesterday. Absolutely beautiful- the best time of year in the city.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,400 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Peak Autumn Leaves Colors

From what I could see watching the marathon, it was beautiful. Here are a few pictures I took on Thanksgiving day 2007 in Central Park. For those of you visiting now, do not miss out on the chance to photograph the Bow Bridge.

tripadvisor.com/…17473025

tripadvisor.com/…17473026

tripadvisor.com/…17473027

chipper

Rochester Hills...
Level Contributor
430 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Peak Autumn Leaves Colors

Great pics Chipper! We are going to be there on the 15th and I can only hope for scenes like those!

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,598 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Peak Autumn Leaves Colors

Over the weekend I drove up I-95 from South Carolina to northern New Jersey. The entire drive was gorgeous, with the most vibrant color in Maryland and in south Jersey. I was amazed to see that some trees here at home are still in the process of turning. Happy autumn, everyone!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,666 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Peak Autumn Leaves Colors

"Finally! A worthwhile post from the king of diatribe LP!"

What???? Every post from Mr. LP is not only worthwhile, but necessary reading. Especially for those that appreciate a sharp wit, and "interesting" insights in the world around us, as seen through his eyes, of course. LOL

And the only fall colors left up here right now are on the ground in a giant mush piles. Yuck!

10. Re: Peak Autumn Leaves Colors

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2009, 16:16