We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sex and the city sites no car not on tour

perth
Level Contributor
175 posts
Save Topic
Sex and the city sites no car not on tour

Just wanting ot know how hard and far is it to see some of the main sites from satc like carries apartment the bakery etc without a car? and also the rices to riches where abouts is that? thanks

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sex and the city sites no car not on tour

it's very easy. In fact, it's so popular, this link is in our FAQ "sticky" at the top of this forum:

"S#X AND THE CITY" LOCATIONS: More than just Carrie’s stoop.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k328207-…

You can use www.maps.google.com to find specific restaurants and distances.

Other good website for distances and getting around are:

www.hopstop.com

www.mta.info (click on trip planner.)

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
175 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sex and the city sites no car not on tour

I do not know specifically where the sites are from the SATC show. However, you don't really want to drive to or from ANYTHING in Manhattan. There is no parking, except for garages. They can be reasonably priced, but moving the car in and out from garage to garage is ridiculous and time consuming.

I guess if you just wanted to drive by the sites and not get out, that would be an option. Otherwise, I would find them on a map, plan a route, and take either a taxi or subway.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
175 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sex and the city sites no car not on tour

my apologies...I misread, I thought you were trying to do it by car...

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
349 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sex and the city sites no car not on tour

Travelling in NY is so easy without a car-you will have no trouble

Carries address is 245 E. 73rd St., between Park and Madison. However it is actually filmed in 66 Perry Street in Greenwich Village. The Magnolia Bakery is just around the corner from Perry Street

There is lots of info on this forum about SATC sites.

For Rices to Riches go to their website

www.ricetoriches.com/frameset.php…

Just get yourself a good map-you will have no problems

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Sex and the city sites no car not on tour

Hi carey24 - don't fret - I do the same thing all the time.

And a note about Carrie's stoop - apparently the owners of the building have some sort of restrictions as to access to aforementioned stoop and are shagging people away from the area.....so just wanted to warn you that you may be admonished if you attempt to access the stoop itself - my suggestion, go to an adjacent stoop and take a photo - the folks back home will never know the difference.............and if they do, tell them the stoop was recently renovated.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sex and the city sites no car not on tour

A very nice couple and their child live at the Perry Street address. There is a chain across the stoop with a small sign asking for visitors to be respectful. You can take a pix in front of the stoop, it is public property, but can not get on the steps. Be quick about it, just think how you would feel at home if people were taking pix on your steps.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sex and the city sites no car not on tour

the owners are 'shagging people away'? oh my!

Poppa, that word means something completely different to Brits and Aussies...in fact a lot of shagging did go on in S8x and The City, so it's very appropriate in this case!

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Sex and the city sites no car not on tour

Hey kate - in our lingo/slang when someone is going to shag someone away from an area it means to ask them to leave.

I'm sure the UK/Aussie shagging is much more pleasant and satisfying.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Poppa

9. Re: Sex and the city sites no car not on tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 08:20