We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying with Virgin

u.k
Level Contributor
1,059 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Flying with Virgin

We are fling from Heathrow with Virgin, it will be our first time with them. Can anyone tell me what kind of flight I can expect. Are their seats roomy or cramped. Is it true that you get your beverages free with them. Any info would be great.

Sunderland, United...
Destination Expert
for Sunderland
Level Contributor
6,805 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying with Virgin

I like Virgin, last time we were on a brand new Airbus and the service was great. Yes, drinks are free. In flight entertainment was brilliant. Seats were just the same as any other long haul carrier in economy imho.

UK
Level Contributor
192 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying with Virgin

I flew with them from heathrow to jfk a couple of years ago and it was our best flight ever. i dont know if the seat room was any different to any other airlines or not but they felt ok to us. you get a tv in the back of the seat in front of you with loads of tv and movies to watch and you could choose what time you wanted to watch them which we thought was great. yes drinks were no extra charge and the crew were great. ive flown with continental too and they have little monitors up in the distance. the blankets were of a better quality than the ones we had on continental. not a major point but it was another moment when we thought we were getting value for money.No problems with them and I would fly again with them given the choice.

it may have been a one-off (im not a regular flyer) but virgin even had a team of sniffer dogs roaming around the gate and were taken on the plane too which didnt half comfort my nervous flyer husband!

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying with Virgin

Hi just returned fronm NY, flying with Virgin,it is worth reserving your (free service)seats using "manage my booking "on their web sight. This will display the aircraft layout and will show what sets are availible. We like to try and reserve seats at the back of aircraft window side preferably to centre seats.Good luck.

u.k
Level Contributor
1,059 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying with Virgin

We have booked our seats too and will be at the back in the ' 2 seats ' . We are travelling to Heathrow from S.Wales, how early before your flight did you book in?

Sunderland, United...
Destination Expert
for Sunderland
Level Contributor
6,805 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying with Virgin

You can check in online up to 24 hours before the flight, and print off your boarding passes so that can save a bit of time, but you still have to queue a little to use the bag drop--and then there's the security too. Last time we flew directly out of Heathrow was on a 9.30am flight and the length of the queue for security checks was incredible.

6. Re: Flying with Virgin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 10:17