We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drinks prices...

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
435 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Drinks prices...

A bit of a trivial question.... but just wondered if anyone could tell me the average price of a pint of lager and a glass of wine in New York? We wont be going to any clubs, just quiet bars and resturants?

Many Thanks.

ayrshire
Level Contributor
97 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drinks prices...

hiya - were just back beers (pint) were about $6 wine approx $9 and spirits & mixer about $8 - hope u have a good time!!

NY
Level Contributor
162 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drinks prices...

in the fancy hotels a beer is 12 plus tax and tip. a glass of wine will run 15 to 25 and a martini is 22. steak houses about 25% less. Irish bars are the best value. the cheapest place to drink is Rudy's

Caerphilly, United...
Level Contributor
1,537 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drinks prices...

Jimmy's just off Times Square is very reasonable as well. $5 for a glass of wine (one of those small bottles) compared to $8-9 in most of the Irish bars.

Scotland
Level Contributor
185 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drinks prices...

The drinks prices are extortionate in New York, I was really surprised at how expensive they were. I think we paid about $14-$16 for a wine & a beer in most bars. Just as well we werent out drinking every night... as my husband kept saying "we're on holiday though" so it didnt count ;-)

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
435 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Drinks prices...

Thanks for the replies guys!

At the risk of sounding like an alcoholic... what are the supermarket prices for beer and wines like?

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
435 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Drinks prices...

Thanks for the replies guys!

At the risk of sounding like an alcoholic... what are the supermarket prices for beer and wines like?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
4,765 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Drinks prices...

It is FAR MORE resonable to purchase a bottle of wine/beer/spirits at a liquor store and bring it back to your room for a late nite cocktail! This is the same for soft drinks as well...Enjoy..

East Village, New...
Level Contributor
364 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Drinks prices...

If you want to drink on the cheap, check out www.drinkdeal.com . The average is about $6 for a beer and $8 or $9 for a glass of wine, but there are tons of places that have prices as low as $2-$4. In the supermarket prices vary between $5 to $12 for a six pack of beer and you can get decent $3 bottles of wine at Trader Joes on 14th street beteen 3rd and 4th Avenues. I think the area with the most cheap places to go out is the far East Village (Alphabet City), but you can find good deals in pretty much any neighborhood.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,217 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Drinks prices...

prices vary widely in bars. Hotel bars are usually the most exhorbitant. You can get a pitcher of dark beer at a dive like Rudy's for $4. Downtown, but not chic bars in Soho - prices are probably 1/2 of midtown.

Grocery prices vary by brand.... I'm very into dark beer now - a six pack is usually in the 8.99-10.99 range for imported beers or a Brooklyn Brewery chocolate stout.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,032 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Drinks prices...

Guess what, you can't buy alcohol in supermarkets! You can buy beer but not wine or hard liquor. You need a liquor store and the prices are much better than in a bar or restaurant.