We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Visa Rules

Monaghan, Ireland
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Topic
New Visa Rules

can anyone please tell me if there are new requirements needed before going to america regarding visa. i have heard a couple of people saying something sketchy about how its not going to be as easy to go to america, that you have to have a special visa to go even if its only for a short holiday. was thinkin of going in march and would like to make sure.

thanks

cheshire
Level Contributor
84 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: New Visa Rules

xvicx,hi neighbour,it gives you an application number to update or change any info such as flight numbers,hotel accomodation but it says you don`t need to show this number upon arrival,although i have printed my approval and shall be taking it with me ( just in case ).

Cheers

ck

Surrey UK
Level Contributor
1,988 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: New Visa Rules

Assuming this replaces those horrible green forms which we had to complete on the plane, this is the best news ever!

I always messed up the forms and had to complete 4 each time for the family

Not clear whether we will still have to complete the white US customs declarations

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
4,409 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: New Visa Rules

Just a quick heads up. You are asked for your flight number and destination address so you can't fill it out until you've booked your flight and accommodation.

Sussex UK
Level Contributor
124 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: New Visa Rules

Hi, you should print the authorisation form and take it with you to show US security.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: New Visa Rules

Thanks for that Ill print it off then just incase its needed! at least we dont have to fill out the form on the plane, after filling them out god knows how many times I still manage to make a mistake!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
123 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: New Visa Rules

Thanks for that...I had no idea about the new visas. We are travelling to NY in 9 weeks time so I will complete these forms online in the next couple of days.

What a worthwhile resource this forum is!!!

A

Manchester
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: New Visa Rules

Hi

I'm going to NYC on 20th Jan and also would like to know if you need to print off the online approval thing for immigration, it's not been well advertised has it?

tamworth,uk
Level Contributor
244 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: New Visa Rules

to maidstonenic you can apply without the address and flight details and get approved it worked for me

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
29 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: New Visa Rules

Trish you need to have applied for it at least 72hours before you travel, but you can get it anytime, you don't even need to be travelling to the States toapply for it! If I was you I would apply for it as soon as possible, it only takes a few minutes, even though it took me 3 attempts to get it done, freezing my computer, website offline etc. For your own safety I would definitely print out the receipt, even just to have while in America just in case. I presume it automatically comes up when they scan your passport, I think it is linked into your passport number!

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
4,409 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: New Visa Rules

I stand corrected! The form asks for this information but it is optional according to their help page. Makes you wonder why they put it on the form in the first place.