We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TV Tickets

england
Level Contributor
270 posts
Save Topic
TV Tickets

When I was in California last summer, I got tickets to see the Jimmy Kimmel show which was fantastic. I'm in New York over Easter and am keen to get tickets to another tv show filming. I've seen there's David Letterman but being from the UK I've no chance of getting the trivia question right! Are there any shows that I can just apply be email?

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TV Tickets

I have done the Jimmy Kimmel show in L.A. a few years ago. I also thought there was NO chance of getting on the David Letterman show but my son and I queued anyway. To our surprise they rang us at our hotel and we were on. My advice to you go there early on your very first morning do the form filling and put as many dates as poss that you could attend the show. They NEED a phone no. to contact you if you are lucky enough to be picked. If you dont have a mobile that works there give your hotel no. but check with hotel frequently for messages. You then have to ring them back to say you are taking up the offer. Also I love going to the hello deli round the corner that David promotes on the show. With regard to the trivia question just be pleasant and say how can I know that when I am from the UK!! BLUFF your way through it worked for us.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16,413 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TV Tickets

A guide to TV tapings, with directions on getting tickets:

nycgo.com/?event=view.traveltrade&id=80890

england
Level Contributor
270 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: TV Tickets

Thanks for the link. Do they film any non talk shows in New York e.g episodes of any tv shows/quiz shows etc?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16,413 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TV Tickets

Yes, many non-talk shows (and many, many movies) are filmed here. In general, the city doesn't publicize the locations of shoots because crowds can interfere with the production, but here's a website where people post filming locations (in NYC and LA, mostly) that they come across:

onlocationvacations.com/category/…

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TV Tickets

The US version of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? is taped in NYC, but their website (millionairetv.com) says that information on the next season will not be posted until June.

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
Level Contributor
4,557 posts
453 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TV Tickets

Excellent stuff on going to talk shows. Going to a taping is be one of my must to do for NYC.

7. Re: TV Tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 07:20