We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where else to visit?

england
Level Contributor
270 posts
Save Topic
Where else to visit?

I've got about 10 days in New York over Easter and am looking to spend about 5 of these in New York city. I'd then like to venture further afield. I've been to Boston and Washington DC so can anyone reccomend anywhere else worth visiting - even willing to book a flight and go somewhere further away for a few days if it's worth doing?

Any suggestions welcome - I'm only considering Philladelphia at the minute

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,143 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where else to visit?

How about Chicago?

Galveston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,129 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where else to visit?

You could book a flight to Buffalo. And go see Niagara Falls

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where else to visit?

MONTREAL. Montreal is only a six hour drive from New York. It is readily accessible by bus, plane and train. This is a great place to visit as it is steeped in French culture and cuisine. Like New York, Montreal is a great city to walk around, and has a phenominal subway. Even better, if it gets cold there is the underground city.

Cherry Hill, New...
Level Contributor
892 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where else to visit?

I can definitely recommend Philadelphia. I live in New Jersey, but Philly is only 5 minutes away from me. There is so much to see and do in Philly. If you do come to Philly, be sure to stay in Center City - it is where most of the attractions and good eats are.

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where else to visit?

Philly is a great idea and very easy to get to, and to get around. Montreal and Toronto are short flights away. (Don't drive! Not worth it!)

How about somewhere more rural in New York State, like the Catskills, New Paltz, Woodstock or, a little further, the Finger Lakes? The only issue with those places is that you need wheels. You can take a bus, but then you're stuck when you get there.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,970 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where else to visit?

We have no idea who you are,what your interests are, your budget, if you'd be willing to drive etc. For 5 days you could go to Bermuda or Florida or the Caribbean, visit San Diego, New Orleans...really, we need more info from you. I don't think you'd want to spend 5 days in Philadelphia but you could spend a few days there and then do some driving around the countryside. Do you like beaches? Museums? Gardens? History? Nightlife? Music?

england
Level Contributor
270 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Where else to visit?

Thanks for the suggestions - I've done Toronoto, Montreal, San Diego and parts of New York State before. I'm off to do a bit of research into Chicago and Phillidelphia! As for interests, I'm not too fussy - would just like to take the chance to see somewhere a bit different

8. Re: Where else to visit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 21:19