We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Revolving Restaurant

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Revolving Restaurant

Could anyone please tell me if there is a revolving restaurant in New York and is it worth visiting.

We are visiting in August for my wifes birthday and it would be great to book a table and get views of the city whilst enjoying a nice meal.

Thanks

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Revolving Restaurant

Yes, there is a restaurant in the Mariott Marquis called 'The View'. The food is average and overpriced.

For a special occasion meal like that, I recommend The River Cafe. It's in Brooklyn, on the water, and has a great view of the Manhattan skyline.

www.rivercafe.com

london
Level Contributor
385 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Revolving Restaurant

The name of the restaurant is The View and it's at Marriot Marquis hotel. It doesn't get very good reviews for it's food but it's good for a drink or three.

Search menupages.com for menus and reviews.

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,677 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Revolving Restaurant

My first choice would be the River Cafe. Another choice is Bateaux New York dinner cruise. The food is very good, there is dancing and the views of the city are stunning! Moms

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Revolving Restaurant

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Just looked at the reviews...........doesn't look that great, thats a pity because we have a bit of a habit of trying revolving eateries (Vancouver, Auckland etc.)

Will look at the River Cafe.

Other recommendations greatfully accepted of course.

Thanks

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Revolving Restaurant

In the FAQ "sticky" at the top of this forum is a link to Restaurants with Views. You can also find it by typing "Restaurants with Views" in the search box.

Plenty of choices. What's your price range?

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Revolving Restaurant

New York has innumerable diners. Find one that has the traditional spinning stools at the counter. Sit there. The restaurant may not revolve, but you can. Besides, the food will likely be of the same quality in the diner as in any revolving restaurant.

UK
Level Contributor
192 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Revolving Restaurant

And probably cheaper!! brooklynmel that is sooo funny.

NYC
Level Contributor
914 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Revolving Restaurant

The food would be better in the diners!

In New York, unlike Auckland and Vancouver, there are great views all over, especially at ground level by the water (ie, River Cafe, Water Club). I mean, there are views and there are VIEWS...

california
Level Contributor
187 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Revolving Restaurant

The reviews do not matter...I have traveled extensively, and this is one of my all time favorite views. The napkins have all the landmarks,you can just use your napkin as a guide to all the skyscrapers as you revolve with your favorite beverage. NOT to be missed in my opinion......

california
Level Contributor
187 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Revolving Restaurant

The reviews do not matter...I have traveled extensively, and this is one of my all time favorite views. The napkins have all the landmarks,you can just use your napkin as a guide to all the skyscrapers as you revolve with your favorite beverage. NOT to be missed in my opinion......