We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sorry,....accommodation questions!

Durham
Level Contributor
3,931 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Sorry,....accommodation questions!

Sorry I know these are annoying and i know i should know better but......DH is hoping to come to NY over the Easter period....he has one requirement in his accommodation and that is that he has his own bedroom (ie not a dorm) and I have one requirement - that it's cheap!!

I think he'd like a more eclectic (sp) area such as the East Village or Chelsea, somewhere he can explore and do his photography. East Village Bed and Coffee is booked up unfortunately. I've found the Vanderbilt Y with a private room for $89 a night but not sure it's in the 'right' sort of area for him, also the Park 79 is showing at $109 a night (before taxes).

Whiz (assuming you'll read this!) - do you think it's worth booking something cancellable and trying priceline nearer the time?

So basically I'm looking at cheap with a lockable room (cause of his camera equipment and cause he sleeps like a dead man once he's gone off!) preferably in a 'less touristy more eclectic' area near the subway oh and did I mention cheap?!

Thanks

Lou x

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
3,724 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sorry,....accommodation questions!

have you checked out Chelsea lodge?

not sure if its for you though?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,417 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sorry,....accommodation questions!

It always makes sense to book something that's cancelable. There are some new low price hotels with small single rooms (on the order of the Pod) that might work. The Ace (opening March 1) is $99/night on quikbook or hotel's website for a bunkbed room with private bathroom and free wifi. It's at 20 west 29th st.

hotelchatter.com/story/2009/1/19/132228/032/…

Durham
Level Contributor
3,931 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sorry,....accommodation questions!

Thanks - the pod was way off and wanted something like $169 before tax :(

Chelsea Lodge again is a little high we've stayed their before and really liked it but I was hoping to stay around the $100 mark. I'll check out the Ace tho :)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,417 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sorry,....accommodation questions!

Book something cancelable and wait for sales.

usatoday.com/travel/hotels/2009-02-05-hotels…

5. Re: Sorry,....accommodation questions!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 11:24