We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street - New York

Newcastle, AUS
Level Contributor
13 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street - New York

Hi,

I have found the Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street - New York on hotels.com and Expedia.com and it is listed at a good price for my dates of travel.....problem is no one seems to have stayed at this property as there are no reviews etc. Just wondering if someone from the area or someone who has stayed here before can help me out?!?!

Thanks

Michael

Millbrook, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,730 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street - New York

Hilton's website indicates that it doesn't open until March 1, so no one has stayed there yet.

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street - New York

When are you arriving in NYC? We also looked at staying there as well but it makes it difficult when hotel isn't yet open. I guess the question is whether the location is close to all the tourist attractions, public transport and affordable meals.

Gulfport, MS
Level Contributor
147 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street - New York

This is just showing up on Hilton.com. I would really like to know if the location is better for transportation and affordable dining choices than the Hampton Inn in Chelsea. If any of you experts could give us some help it would be GREATLY appreciated!

Newcastle, AUS
Level Contributor
13 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street - New York

It would be great to find out if the loction is good, i went on to google maps and took a look around and it is only a very chort distance to Broadway funny thing is when you put in the address (63w 35th) there is a picture of an excavator and an empty block of land!!

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street - New York

I saw that same excavator when I used Google Maps as well! It seems that there is a bank on the corner and the other cross road is the Avenue of the Americas. Not sure what else is close by.

Newcastle, AUS
Level Contributor
13 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street - New York

We are booking for 30th may till 3rd June. I think that i am going to go ahead and book it...new Hotel should be ok and i think the location should be fine as with any place you will be close to some things and not so close to others!

London, United...
Level Contributor
263 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street - New York

Has anyone walked past it recently? Is it looking ready to open? I could save about $400 by booking this instead of the Marriott. I'm arriving Mid March though.

Boston
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street - New York

The location of the Hilton Garden Inn, West 35th is my choice this year for my yearly visit (April) to this great city. It is walking distance to the Empire State Building and Penn Station (trains). 5th & 6th Avenue are fabulous cross streets to be close to (Rockefeller Center). Walk ten blocks (long) and you are in Times Square. It is not in the center of Times Square (around West 42nd St), which is sometimes noisy, hectic and lots of flashing neon lights. But West 35th is close enough to walk and get away from the crowds.

Although it is a new hotel, I trust the Hilton Garden Inns for quality and price. I stayed at the HGI in Chelsea last year, which was also newly opened and the HGI in Times Square. Both were very good stays. However, Chelsea is more residential and is the Garment District, so a bit further from Times Square, theaters, etc., but closer to Soho, Greenwich Village and Ground Zero (Downtown). The HGI Times Square is very close to 42nd St. which is great if you want to walk to the theater and Times Square, but it is a very busy area and too close to the large bus station, which can be a bit seedy.

Get a good map of the city from www.nycvisit.com or any of the travel websites and get to know the city before you get there. If it is your first time, I recommend staying in Midtown, which is in the center of the city. West 35th is still considered Midtown.

If you want quieter, go towards Chelsea, Soho, Greenwich Village or the Upper West or Upper East Side. If you want the full NYC experience, stay in Times Square. If you want in between it all, I think the West 35th is a good in between.

Hi to my friend Justin in Sydney!

Wales, UK
Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street - New York

Hi

I was wondering about this hotel as well.

There is a good rate for it on travelzoo - $139 per night or room with 2 double beds for $159 per night.

I have made a reservation which is cancellable for our dates 1 - 4 April and thought I would see what the reviews were like in a weeks time - maybe you could do the same?

The location seems good.

I haven't stayed in Garden Inn before so not sure what they are like - but as this one is new hopefully it should be ok.

Whoever stays there soon please post a review.

thanks

Rosie

Alberta
Level Contributor
4 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street - New York

I arrive mid March. The price was really good so I went ahead and booked it. I am a bit worried because there are no reviews. Since its a brand new hotel it has to be clean. As far as location goes it is within walking distance of the Empire State Building, Macy's and Penn Station. It can't be too bad. Will post a review here after my stay next week!