We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Radio City Apartments --- advice please :)

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
279 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Radio City Apartments --- advice please :)

I have managed to get a great price for October at the above, which I know gets fairly good reviews on this site. My question is..... if I make a booking today.... do I have to pay today or is it held against my credit card?? Any replies would be very much appreciated. This will hopefully be my 5th trip :)

Russell, KY
Level Contributor
3,813 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Radio City Apartments --- advice please :)

I'm assuming that you're booking through the hotel's site, so you shouldn't be charged until you check in. That's been my experience in the past with RCA: three stays so far and my fourth is booked for this April. Have a great trip!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,511 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Radio City Apartments --- advice please :)

What do you consider a great price for Oct.? Are you aware that hotel prices have dropped pretty dramatically since the economic downturn. Frankly, when hotel prices were very high, Radio City was always a good deal. I think it's less of a good deal now relative to newer, nicer options.

As to your question, as mentioned above, it depends on where you make the booking. On the hotel's own website, unless it says otherwise, it's not charged at booking. On other websites it may be.

Russell, KY
Level Contributor
3,813 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Radio City Apartments --- advice please :)

NyWhiz is THE authority on hotels around here. I am a fan of RCA though, and I am always pleased by its prices I find for what you get: location, cleanliness, and space. :-)

By the way for anyone who's interested, RCA has a 20% discount running through September for stays of four nights or more, but you have to book by phone through the hotel's site.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
438 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Radio City Apartments --- advice please :)

We booked RCA back in October for 5 nights at the end of April,you will not get charged until you check in and you can cancel 48 hours before arrival,no later.

We noticed the 20% discount,and sent an e-mail, asking if we could take advantage of that even though we booked a long time ago, and they are letting us do it, very exciting, I like to save money, give us more to have fun in NYC with.

This will be our first time staying here, looking forward to it, I know its no 4 star award winning hotel, but with the price and location and those great reviews, I think We'll be pleased.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
531 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Radio City Apartments --- advice please :)

What is the great price you have got for October stay?

I am also planning to stay there in July

Huntington Beach
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach
Level Contributor
1,420 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Radio City Apartments --- advice please :)

Thanks Joshandjade for your post telling us about the 20% off at the Radio City Apartments.

I have a reservation for a suite in June which I booked back in December. I immediately emailed them and they so kindly dropped my hotel rate by $600! I am doing "the happy dance" because for your post! You Rock and RCA Rocks!

Ireland
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Radio City Apartments --- advice please :)

We booked our stay in Radio City Apartments last September. Just emailed them and got the 20% discount, saving us $735!!!!!!!! Woohoo Im VERY happy!!

bq
Albany, Georgia
Level Contributor
590 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Radio City Apartments --- advice please :)

We are staying at RCA in June and made our reservations for the 1 BR back in Sept. I too asked for the discount a couple weeks ago and they kindly gave it to us, but our savings are not as great as some others....I think we are saving about $300, however we are only there for 5 nites....bought our plane tickets yesterday as Delta had great prices...

we are 4 excited ladies!!!

9. Re: Radio City Apartments --- advice please :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 18:19