We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Maternity and baby shops in NYC

Ireland
Level Contributor
50 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Best Maternity and baby shops in NYC

I'll be 16-18 weeks pregnant when i visit NYC next month so I was wondering if any locals or previous visitors in the know could tell me where the best places to go for baby items and maternity clothes (long leg jeans, etc).

Are there any cool baby things I could pick up in the US that you wouldn't really get in Ireland?

Any help or tips would be fantastic!!

xxxx

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
136 reviews
from US$175.00*
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,111 reviews
from US$199.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
994 reviews
from US$83.99*
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,385 reviews
from US$36.00*
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
100,909 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Maternity and baby shops in NYC

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k1505686…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k1732249…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k350542-…

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Maternity and baby shops in NYC

I was looking for some baby photo albums last time I was there and I stumbled across buybuy BABY http://www.buybuybaby.com It has a fair size store on 7th Avenue. Don't know if it is any good for you.

Durham
Level Contributor
3,931 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Maternity and baby shops in NYC

I was the one that recommended Babesta in the first link that Whiz posted - it's a nice little shop. Toysrus had a good and reasonably priced selection of NY baby wear and toys, other than that I have to say I've been disappointed with the range of 'different' baby things over there.

For Maternity clothes I got all mine from Destination Maternity - I dont have the address on me at the moment but think it's around 54th at 5th Ave. They have a great selection ranging from very expensive to really affordable - I kitted myself out including winter coat for about £100!!!! The cheaper stuff was on the second floor at the back of the store (this was 18 months ago so may have changed!) You get free juice or water (and for hubby too) and they have these cushion bumps you can try on to see what the items will look like when your bump gets bigger. I dont know if they stock long leg jeans but I'm 5ft 10 and didn't have a problem with the lengths they had (that said I did wear flat shoes pretty much my entire pregnancy!)

Durham
Level Contributor
3,931 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Maternity and baby shops in NYC

Here's a link to their site: destinationmaternity.com/…

and it's on the corner of Madison and 57th St.

Congratulations btw :)

Ireland
Level Contributor
50 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Maternity and baby shops in NYC

Thanks so much for the great tips and advice, you're all great!! :-)

xxxxxxx

6. Re: Best Maternity and baby shops in NYC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 18:22