We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

itinerary help

michigan
Level Contributor
201 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
itinerary help

Hello, I am planning on visiting NYC for the first time with my husband and 15yr old daughter over her spring break. I have a tentative itinerary and am hoping for some tips, i.e. let me know if I'm planning too much, not enough etc.

Planning on staying at Sheraton Suited in Weehawken, NJ. We will have three full days not including our arrival and departure days. One day I thought we could spend going to the Statue of Liberty, and checking out Chinatown and Little Italy. Another day we plan to have tickets for The Little Mermaid(daughters pick)-haven't decided matinee or evening yet. That day I thought we'd check out Times Square, Rockefeller Center etc. And the other full day I wanted to spend in Central Park, from Belvedere Castle down to the South end. Start the day maybe at the Natural History Museum that's right there by the park.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Also looking for fun shops a teenage girl would like, inexpensive (relatively) fun places to eat. Thanks!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,384 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: itinerary help

Will you have a car? Have you prepaid your hotel? If not, would you be interested in looking at options in Manhattan?

Your plan sounds fine assuming weather cooperates on the Central Park day.

Suggest you have a read through some of these trip reports from families with teens

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k473200-…

H & M

Strawberry

Pearl River Mart

are some stores teens like.

Blackpool
Level Contributor
624 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: itinerary help

Sounds like a great plan. We stayed in NJ for 2 days, but found when we returned from our cruise, our stay in central manhatten worked even better. By bus from NJ it took about 30 minutes to get into Manhatten.

All told we had five days in NYC and we got to do everything we wanted, but alas did not get to walk round Central Park, but it was cold and the glistening of the snow was certainly amazing.

Have fun.

3. Re: itinerary help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 07:16