We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New York City Pass

Dallas
Level Contributor
68 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
New York City Pass

Sis, 14 year old daughter and I are taking girls trip for 3 night 4 full days March 13 - 16. Staying at Doubletree Suites Times Square.

I've been considering pros/cons of New York Pass or New York Explore pass.

Pros: avoid lines

everything prepaid

looks to be some discount

better listing and price than the Explorer

Cons: may not go all places listed hence savings

diluted

There seem to be more postings on the New York Explorer pass than the New York Pass. (I have tried search engine - pulls up other stuff unrelated to pass.)

Any viewpoints from those who have used one or both of these? Or those who avoid them?

Thanks in advance

Liz

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
348 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New York City Pass

I can only speak for the New York pass as i have not used the other.

I don't know if it particuarly lets you avoid lines. Certainly you don't need to stand in line to buy the ticket but you still need to stand in a line to get into most places.

Value for money i only visited the main attractions empire state, statue of liberty, MSG, and a few others including maddame tasaudes. and by this point it was already saving me money.

I would say if you go for this one go on the circle line cruise around manhatten.

Hope this helps

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New York City Pass

When I had out-of-town visitors last month, I opted to purchase the New York Explorer Pass. The savings weren't remarkable, but I liked the fact that I could pick-and-choose 3, 5, or 7 activities/sights amongst the attractions listed (more, and more varied, than via the City Pass) -- and because, e.g., the Top of the Rock observatory and New York Waterway's harbor cruise were possibilities, both of which I think are better than the Empire State Building and the Circle Line's harbor cruise.

3. Re: New York City Pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 09:26