We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saturday nights and Priceline

england
Level Contributor
270 posts
Save Topic
Saturday nights and Priceline

Hi,

I'm going to try my luck on Priceline to get a hotel for New York in April from 6th April for 4/5 nights. (after success with a San Fran hotel last year). Does anyone know if I am to include a Friday night in my booking - whether this will mean I end up paying a lot more than I would if I had checked out on the Friday day. I know there is the obvious fact that it's one less night to pay for but will the Saturday have more of an impact than an extra week day would for example?

I've looked on betterbidding.com and bidfortravel.com but camn't find the correct place to ask this question and if I do it won't let me do it.

Mentioned in this post
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
102,542 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Saturday nights and Priceline

Some hotels charge more for weekend stays but many charge less. If you have a look at specials run on

travelzoo.com

you'll se that many are only for weekends so I think your fears are unfounded. In the past, before the recession when vacancy rates were very low and Priceline bids were hard to win, Sat. nights might have been a problem, but not now. Your problem, if any, will be winning one bid of 5 nights. It's usually easier to win a bid for fewer nights but you should definitely try. I'd also book something that's cancelable in case you don't win a bid.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
102,542 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Saturday nights and Priceline

PS, I think your most likely wins would be bidding 4* in midtown east (likely win Omni Berkshire) or 4* downtown/Soho (likely win Millenium Hilton). Good luck.

Mentioned in this post
Omni Berkshire Place
Omni Berkshire Place
4,283 Reviews
New York City, NY
SoHo
SoHo
3,674 Reviews
New York City, NY
3. Re: Saturday nights and Priceline

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 22:16