We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delta Airlines JFK to London - medicore at best

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,627 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Delta Airlines JFK to London - medicore at best

Just got back from a miserable pair of flights with this substandard airline. Foolishly I picked Delta as they were £20 cheaper than the other airlines.

No seatback entertainment, what century are we in. I have flown transatlantic many times and cant remember the last time I did not have a TV. Unfortunately many of the overhead Tv's were also malfunctioning.

Dreadful food, particularly out of New York.

The least attentive service I have ever experienced, on both journeys was never once offered a cup of water. Fortunately they left a single bottle of water and a stack of cups in the galley.

With the huge amount of transatlantic choice I would not recommend using these cowboys.

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
133 reviews
from US$175.00*
Special Offer
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,101 reviews
from US$199.00*
US$214.00
New York in One Day Guided...
972 reviews
from US$83.99*
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,373 reviews
from US$36.00*
Wakefield, England
Level Contributor
223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Delta Airlines JFK to London - medicore at best

On the other side of that coin, I've never had a bad trip with Delta.

Attentive, friendly staff, cheap cost, good selection of entertainment in the on-board seat back console.

OK, the food wasn't brilliant (but still perfectly adequate), but when is it ever with an in flight meal?

Durham
Level Contributor
3,931 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Delta Airlines JFK to London - medicore at best

My last 2 flights have been with Delta and I've not had a problem with them. The first flight from Manchester had seat back entertainment, however, the one from LHR in Jan didn't but that doesn't bother me much. I liked their leg room and seat pitch, I found the staff to be friendly and attentive and the food was perfectly adequate airline fodder.

It's funny cause I flew Virgin ones and had a hell of a flight so would never fly or recommend them, I guess we all have bad experiences that taint our views :)

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
6,530 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Delta Airlines JFK to London - medicore at best

Delta is my default airline of choice for European travel because they have many, many direct non-stops. I have never had a complaint or problem flying w/Delta.

These days, my idea of a good flight is one that actually lands safely.

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
3,724 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Delta Airlines JFK to London - medicore at best

thats why we are flying virgin!

icf
stoke on trent
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Delta Airlines JFK to London - medicore at best

only flown with Delta once,that was 8 years ago from london gatwick to cinncinatti,no problems at all!

6. Re: Delta Airlines JFK to London - medicore at best

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 05:33