We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Help

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
54 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Help

We are looking at the Westn Times Square and the Sheraton Times Square because of our Starpoints. The Westin is going to cost about $300 more for the lenght of time we are staying. Does anyone have any opinion on the pros or cons of each? Is the Westin worth the extra money?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Help

Instead of either one of those, how about the Sheraton's new Four Points in Soho?

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60763-d1157456…

New York NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Help

The Westin is very nice. I like the Westin.

Are you doing Cash and Points using your SPG points? They're both Category 5 hotels, I'm not clear why the Westin will cost more. My personal feeling, I think the Westin is superior.

One can argue that the location of the Sheraton is slightly better but one can also argue that the new Westin is very well-situated (it is).

The new Four Points down on Charlton St. is a Category 4, that is a great part of town to stay in. I don't know a great deal about the property itself but it is a great part of town.

I'm a huge fan of the SPG program and I especially like to redeem Cash and Points when I can.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
54 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Help

The price difference was just for using cash. We haven't decided if we were going to use any of our points yet.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,426 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Help

The Westin is much much much nicer--and newer. The Sheraton is in a good location but it's a big convention hotel that's in desperate need of renvation.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Help

My husband and I are staying at the Four Points by Sheraton on Charlton Street over Easter. The reviews in Trip Advisor look good and it’s fairly new – it opened late last year, in fact when I looked on Google Street View earlier today it was still being renovated!!

BTW thanks MoreFFmiles for reassuring me about the area .

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Help

Google's street views aren't live webcam shots, BlueMoon, and can be appreciably outdated (the one of my apartment building hasn't changed since it first appeared on Google Maps). None of the recent reviews of the Four Points mentions construction in/right around the hotel, so although I haven't been by there recently, I predict you'll find the scene much less "gritty" :-)

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
54 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Help

Thanks for all the help.

8. Re: Hotel Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 10:19