We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

So, any tourists been to Queens recently?

Queens, NY
Level Contributor
8,415 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
So, any tourists been to Queens recently?

Haven't seen much Queens in the recent trip reports, so I'm just trolling to see whether anyone's stopped by - and if so, what you thought of our borough!

(I just got home from a trip myself ...)

Texas
Level Contributor
6,246 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: So, any tourists been to Queens recently?

Do you have a trip report??? :D

Queens, NY
Level Contributor
8,415 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: So, any tourists been to Queens recently?

It was a business trip. Nothing to report, unless you'd like to know about the insides of convention centers in the rest of the country.

Texas
Level Contributor
6,246 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: So, any tourists been to Queens recently?

Nah, I guess I'll pass. ;)

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: So, any tourists been to Queens recently?

This is my experience of Queens a few years ago.

The subway stopped running, we had to get off in Queens, not knowing where we were and try to get a taxi there. lol :}

After calling and not getting any response, finally we snagged a taxi dropping someone off, We got lucky.

We are actually talking about checking out that area again during our April or May trip there.

I will write a review if I do. This is the walk we plan to do one of the up coming trips.

…timeout.com/articles/features/1590/the-quee…

What do you think?

Sunderland, United...
Destination Expert
for Sunderland
Level Contributor
6,815 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: So, any tourists been to Queens recently?

Well I went to Indian Taj ( on 74th St I think) in January - with some mutual friends - and although I wasn't in the perkiest mood ever ( OK I was suffering from the after effects of too much alcohol the previous night) it was a great visit. The lights and stores on 74th St were amazing and all 4 of us wandered into one of the supermarkets , it was a great experience.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,678 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: So, any tourists been to Queens recently?

Be aware the Queens is huge, the largest borough. And diverse. Could be hipster-ish Long Island City, could be ethnic Flushing, Roosevelt Ave, could be Flushing Meadow (including the Panorama - check out http://vanishingnewyork.blogspot.com/), could be beautiful parks, or nice beaches (Rockaway, etc).

NYC
Level Contributor
3,422 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: So, any tourists been to Queens recently?

Technically most tourist visit Queens being as both airports are located there.

Manhattan
Level Contributor
9,035 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: So, any tourists been to Queens recently?

Tour Guide's Daze off -- Went on a noshwalks tour to non-Greek ethnic food places in Astoria -- www.noshwalks.com

It was great fun!

Queens, NY
Level Contributor
8,415 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: So, any tourists been to Queens recently?

cbcito - Totally not helpful. Why bother posting?

teena99 - I don't think of Queens Boulevard as a nice place to walk. You can absolutely cover some interesting ground in a long walk across Queens, but following Queens Boulevard you just get annoyed by the traffic, everything's too loud, the architecture is lousy, etc. I can design you a MUCH better walk - you want 5 miles?

daisiegee - That's a block from my house! Yay! Thanks! Glad you liked it!

ztaks - That looks like a really good walk in my old neighborhood. Definitely recommend. Also, I think I know their Cretan restaurant!

10. Re: So, any tourists been to Queens recently?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 April 2009, 23:50