We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What do you love about New York ?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,387 posts
1,543 reviews
Save Topic
What do you love about New York ?

If you only had one thing to do in NYC what would it be...

I'm planning to visit NYC in a few weeks so it would be good to find out what you guys love about it...

EM.

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,148 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What do you love about New York ?

With so much worth while to see and do in NYC, it's a tough question, Ellemay. However, the first thing that popped into my mind would be to go to TOTR on a nice, clear day. Go at sunset and stay until the sun has gone completely down. In other words, see the daytime and nighttime views.

2. Re: What do you love about New York ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 April 2009, 01:40
Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What do you love about New York ?

That's an easy one. I'd walk across the Brooklyn Bridge. An architect once told me that it's easy to build something massive. It's a little bit harder to build something graceful. But, it's exceedingly difficult to build something both massive and graceful. The Brooklyn Bridge is just that.

I love that you are walking on a boardwalk elevated above the cars. I love that you can reach out and grab the cables. I love that you can stand under the massive gothic arches. And, then there are the views. Magnificent views of lower Manhattan, the Harbor and Brooklyn.

I've walked or biked over the Brooklyn Bridge hundreds of times. It's still special. It always will be. And on the other side...BROOKLYN!

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What do you love about New York ?

I love Central Park. I especially love the mall and the terrace bridge areas.

Nt, Australia
Level Contributor
213 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What do you love about New York ?

Aahhh, BrooklynMel ... the Brooklyn Bridge. My favourite! Have only been to NYC once, and going back in May ... looking forward to my second walk across that amazing bridge. (.. and it'll be warmer than Dec, so don't have to speed it up to keep warm!!)

Ontario,Canada
Level Contributor
448 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: What do you love about New York ?

Walking 5th Ave. and drinking in the ambiance !!

Being a part of all the hundreds of people at Times Square!!

Boat cruise to Staten Island...great views!

Whatever you do in NYC will be a lasting memory and you can't wait for your next trip !

Enjoy...

Sharon

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
Level Contributor
5,597 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What do you love about New York ?

I love the people who live there. I love being in a friendly eclectic neighborhood and feeling a part of it. I love walking through Central Park and saying hello to people I don't know and having them smile and say hello back. I love walking into a Duane Reade and having someone take a lot of time to find me what I am asking for.

I love the architecture and the history of the city. The art, the music, and the continuous innovation. But most of all I love the people.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
438 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What do you love about New York ?

Central park, definitely.

Absolutely Beautiful.

california
Level Contributor
187 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What do you love about New York ?

what is TOTR?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
628 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What do you love about New York ?

It stands for Top Of The Rock.

www.topoftherocknyc.com/welcome/default.aspx

PP