We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 most romantic things...

Singapore
Level Contributor
179 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
5 most romantic things...

Spending a couple of days in a weeks' time in NY with significant other, what would be the 5 most romantic things that you would recommend we do?

Thx in advance.

NY
Level Contributor
782 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 most romantic things...

Here are some ideas

1 - carriage ride through Central Park

2 - drink at Top of the Rock

3 - maybe a dinner cruise

4 - find a romantic restaurant - I like Gene's for Italian food on 11th Street and 6 Avenue

5 - his and her massage

6 - Broadway show

NY
Level Contributor
782 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 most romantic things...

6 - There are waterfalls in Central Park around 101st Street to 110st and that may be romantic.

7 - You would walk through Fort Tryon Park to get to the Cloisters Museum which has midieval architecture

which you may find romantic.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,666 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 most romantic things...

Walking across the Brooklyn Bridge at dusk, just as the city lights up in all its glory.

NY
Level Contributor
782 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 most romantic things...

Here are some other possible ideas.

South Street Seaport Museum area

Walk around Brooklyn Heights along the boardwalk

Coney Island boardwalk

outdoor cafe

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
44 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 5 most romantic things...

Not to be totally rude, but what age are you and your significant other?

It may help us think of some things that are more age appropriate.

As an upper-20 something myself, my significant other would not enjoy a dinner cruise or a fancy champagne dinner. But she would love a stroll through Central Park, or over the Brooklyn Bridge at sunset or dessert at Serendipity.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 5 most romantic things...

If you are with someone you love, even a subway ride can be romantic. Here are some personal faves:

1. Walking across the Brooklyn Bridge at dusk. Amazing views of the harbor during sunset, and watching the city lights twinkle on. Follow up by a walk on the Brooklyn Heights Promenade. The Billion Dollar View of Manhattan.

2. The Brooklyn Botanic Gardens or the Bronx Botanical Gardens are great for romance. In Brooklyn, the Cherry Blossom Festival is absolutely great.

3. Wave Hill in the Bronx is an incredibly beautiful place. It's a historic mansion right along the Hudson River. It is surrounded by great landscaped lawns. http://www.wavehill.org/home/

4. Take a romantic walk in Central Park hand in hand. Bring along a picnic lunch and find a nice quiet spot to enjoy.

5. The Staten Island Ferry, coming back to Manhattan at Sunset. The KING of all cheap dates.

Did I mention snuggling in you hotel room and calling room service?

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 5 most romantic things...

I would say of these suggestions, Brooklyn Mel has

once again proven himself to be the romantic in the

group.

Scratch the carriage ride in Central Park from the

list. From that person's list I wonder if they have

ever even been to New York. The Brooklyn promenade

does not have a boardwalk.

Wrexham, North Wales
Level Contributor
912 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 5 most romantic things...

You are a romantic lot aren't you... who knew! ;)

I would add drinks on the roof top terrace at the Met, the view of central park is lovely, we didn;t want to leave!

New York City
Level Contributor
4,232 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 5 most romantic things...

Hi asiangal,

Love is in the air, under, above and all over NYC. Have to agree with most that the Parks, Gardens and River view areas are very, very special, and all you need is your Lover, and a little picnic to enjoy. Sometimes, the best things in life are, well almost, free.

10. Re: 5 most romantic things...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 15:18