We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beekman or Eastgate Tower Suites

LPP
VICTORIA,B C
Level Contributor
705 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Beekman or Eastgate Tower Suites

I really like the idea of having a kitchenette & both these places have them. For location, etc which one would be your pick? Both right now are about the same price....Beekman being a small amount more.

LPP
VICTORIA,B C
Level Contributor
705 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beekman or Eastgate Tower Suites

Anyone know which one would be their preference?

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,036 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beekman or Eastgate Tower Suites

Haven't stayed at Eastgate, but we really loved the Beekman. The hotel manager was always around when we were there and he manages a terrific staff!

Our room was on a high floor, corner, with a fantastic outdoor deck with panoramic views. Room decor was pleasant and fresh, very comfortable bed, spotless kitchen and bath, meticulous housekeeping. The kitchen was excellent, and we enjoyed having a proper table and chairs for enjoying take-away food (several excellent places nearby with wonderful food). There were many appealing restaurants and bars nearby, a liquor store, convenience store, drugstore, etc. We prefer the buses to the subway and there were several routes convenient to the Beekman.

We didn't dine at the restaurant (though have previously and it is just fine), but stopped by most nights for drinks and the terrific piano player (otherwise, we enjoyed drinks on our terrace evenings).

MD
Level Contributor
292 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beekman or Eastgate Tower Suites

I stayed at the Eastgate Tower last summer. It was fine, nothing fancy but having a kitchen was a plus. Location was fine, staff was friendly, suite was clean. I can't help with a comparison because I have never stayed at the Beekman.

LPP
VICTORIA,B C
Level Contributor
705 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beekman or Eastgate Tower Suites

Thanks for the info.

NYWhiz or Crans??

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,661 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beekman or Eastgate Tower Suites

We loved our 1-bedroom suite at the Beekman [booked deluxe, were upgraded at no charge to premium]: excellent housekeeping & service, huge bathroom -- and none of the problems I'd seen in some TA trip reports.

The Beekman -- with its Art Deco exterior, lobby, etc -- is more distinctive and charming than the Eastgate, which is your basic, 1970's apartment building. But the Eastgate is well-maintained and certainly comfortable. Both properties would benefit from some re-freshening.

I'm a bit leery of putting my personal stamp of endorsement on the Beekman, however, because it's changed hands since I was last there in 2007. I've seen the Eastgate as recently as February.

LPP
VICTORIA,B C
Level Contributor
705 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beekman or Eastgate Tower Suites

Thanks sounds as though either might be okay. What would be the best location of the two?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,661 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beekman or Eastgate Tower Suites

The Beekman's immediate environs are bit less busy & commercial, which we prefer but may not matter to you. We walked to/from, e.g., Rockefeller Center, Times Square, Grand Central Terminal and Central Park. But because it is alongside the East River, it is further from any of those places -- and the Eastgate is closer to subway stops.

LPP
VICTORIA,B C
Level Contributor
705 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beekman or Eastgate Tower Suites

Thanks Cocklecove.

You have been a big help to me. Have a great day.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,661 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beekman or Eastgate Tower Suites

You're welcome! One more thought: if 1-bedroom suites are not in the running -- i.e., if you're trying to decide between a studio at the Beekman and an Eastgate studio -- I think you might prefer the usual layout of the Eastgate studio.

But no matter which hotel & room category you choose, feel free to ask to see another unit if the first one they show you doesn't thrill you. Because these are not "cookie cutter" chain establishments, the size and configurations vary, within the same category. Unless you're arriving during a peak tourist time, neither place is likely to be entirely sold out, so they should be able to put you up in another unit more to your liking.

MD
Level Contributor
292 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beekman or Eastgate Tower Suites

I think the Eastgate is a bit more convenient location.