We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Macy's - Prepared Food?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
531 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Macy's - Prepared Food?

Does Macy's (near the Penn Station) sell Prepared FOod / Does it have a Deli Counter?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,501 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Macy's - Prepared Food?

I don't believe they do.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,678 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Macy's - Prepared Food?

In the basement level, there is a part of the area called "The Cellar" that indeed does have take-out food, as well as a small in-store eating area. It used to be more extensive, "gourmet" foods, but it is still serviceable.

Funny, I looked for the website, and there isn't one! As far as I can tell, there is a Macy's website and it does mention Herald Square (directions, hours, etc) but it is a general online catalog, not store specific.

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Macy's - Prepared Food?

The area that sells the prepared foods at Macy's is apparently a contracted service - not part of the Macy's organization. In February my wife and I stepped in for some things to bring to the hotel and they would not accept the discount card issued that Macy's offers its out of town guests.

The 'deli' is convenient, a bit pricey, however I must say our sandwiches were tasty.

Poppa

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
970 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Macy's - Prepared Food?

Macy's has several places to buy food. They have Mc donalds, They have a pizza place which serves meatball sandwiches which can be taken back to hotel,pizza which is very good. Aunt Ems and Ben and jerrys if you want desert.

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
970 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Macy's - Prepared Food?

P.S The Cellar has very good food also. It was very busy when i was there.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,222 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Macy's - Prepared Food?

Not sure what the goal is here - to find good food near Penn Station or you just love the food you find in store food halls like Harrods, Takashimaya in Asia, etc...

But, if you want excellent prepared foods to eat in or take out in that neighborhood - Whole Foods on 24th and 7th is good. City Bakery on 18th between 5th and 6th is much better.

Manhattan
Level Contributor
8,863 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Macy's - Prepared Food?

I'd take a trip uptown on the 1 train to Zabars if I were you or go to the Grand Central Market

8. Re: Macy's - Prepared Food?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2009, 08:20