We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

On-line Hotel Booking - should I be worried

Clare Valley...
Level Contributor
129 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
On-line Hotel Booking - should I be worried

On Monday I made a refundable booking for 7 nights at the Hotel Elysee in September, through New-York-Bookings.Com - cost $2289 Went back to check if it I could get it cheaper and the offer that I took isn't showing and the cost has increased for similar offers. Was I just lucky to have picked the right day for making the booking, or is it normal for prices to fluctuate on a daily basis?

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
6,176 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: On-line Hotel Booking - should I be worried

I have had this happen to me. I beleve it's normal.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: On-line Hotel Booking - should I be worried

Prices do indeed fluctuate rapidly. Have you received an e-mail from the booking agency confirming your reservation? If so but you want greater peace of mind, why not contact the hotel to confirm with them that they have you in their reservation system.

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
6,176 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: On-line Hotel Booking - should I be worried

P.S. I used that site before they are pretty good with price. They were just around the same money as quikbook when I booked a hotel back in Jan.

Clare Valley...
Level Contributor
129 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: On-line Hotel Booking - should I be worried

Yes I did get an email booking confirmation - thanks for putting my mind at rest - they certainly were offering the best price for the times. Will keep watching and may be able to get an even better deal!

5. Re: On-line Hotel Booking - should I be worried

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 December 2009, 08:17