We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's the best website to reserve at the Marriot Marquis?

JJGeorgia
Level Contributor
182 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
What's the best website to reserve at the Marriot Marquis?

I'm trying to find a decent price for one night at the Marriot Marquis in Times Square on 6/25 but the cheapest I've found so far is $421 at 1-800-Hotels. Any tips for other sites with better deals? There are 3 of us, we'll need 2 double beds and a rollaway and I'd LOVE a view of Times Square.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,395 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's the best website to reserve at the Marriot Marquis?

You won't get a roll away in a room with 2 doubles. 2 of you will have to share a double or you can get a king bed and a sofabed. That price is crazy. YOu'd do better on the hotel's own website ($300-350 plus tax).

JJGeorgia
Level Contributor
182 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's the best website to reserve at the Marriot Marquis?

Thank you for that invaluable information. I had no idea about the price of the king w/ sofa!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,395 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's the best website to reserve at the Marriot Marquis?

Actually, I now see none of the options with king bed/sofabed specificially say Times Square view. You should phone the hotel. If you belong to AAA, you might get a cheaper rate but still doesn't solve the problem that none of the options with Times Square view will give you more than either one king bed (and roll away) or 2 double beds no rollaway.

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
6,176 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's the best website to reserve at the Marriot Marquis?

You can try here on tripadvisor itself with orbitz etc...

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60763-d93507-R…

Ontario,Canada
Level Contributor
448 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What's the best website to reserve at the Marriot Marquis?

Sometimes calling the hotel directly will get you a better rate.

Good luck...love the Marquis !!

6. Re: What's the best website to reserve at the Marriot Marquis?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 December 2009, 07:19