We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1ST Time to New York

oxford
Level Contributor
283 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
1ST Time to New York

i am going to New York on 11.11.05 - 14.11.05 for my 40th birthday.

I have booked 2 hotels and cant choose between the 2 both are about the same rate.

Hotels are Millenium UN PLAZA and MIllenium Hilton

For location ie walking to restaurants, bars, sight seeing which would be in the best location .

I have read the hotel reveiws both seem really nice.

Also any recommendations of best things to do on a 3 day trip I know i cant see everything .

Also cost of a cab ride from JFK to hotel

Thanks very much

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,913 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 1ST Time to New York

Hotel addresses please!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,621 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1ST Time to New York

Happy birthday Ed.

You'll get plenty of replies I'm sure. You can search the forum on the hotel names, might find some info to supplement the reviews. Also, read trip reviews on the forum for a wealth of ideas, some folks tack on the things they didn't care for which can be useful too.

I liked the Circle Line boat tour around the southern tip of the island, really something to see NY from the water. A lot of people recommend the Staten Island ferry, which goes right by Statue of Liberty, and is free.

A trip to Ground Zero is very, very moving. If you ask me a Broadway play is a must.

Have a great trip.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
2,569 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 1ST Time to New York

The UN one is in midtown and closer to more touristy things. The Millenium is downtown, near Ground Zero. I would say there are more things within walking distance at the UN Plaza one if that is the only criterion.