We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the best Batali restaurant to take kids!

montreal
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
What is the best Batali restaurant to take kids!

Looking at trying one of his restaurants while we are in New York.My 2 daughters are 7-11,well behaved and money is not a issue..I just want to feel comfortable and have a great meal.Also I am taking wife and kids to see Little Mermaid-could I get suggestions for a spot near the theater with great food(can also be italian).

Thanks in Advance

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16,413 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the best Batali restaurant to take kids!

Otto is the best Batali place for kids:

http://www.ottopizzeria.com/

Though I've certainly seen them in Lupa as well. (Never in Babbo, Casa Mono, Del Post, or Esca, though.)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,678 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the best Batali restaurant to take kids!

Yes, and don't forget to order the olive oil ice cream. Really. It is delicious.

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the best Batali restaurant to take kids!

If you do go to a more expensive place, please do make sure that your daughters (7-11) are well behaved. Other people are paying a lot for those meals and it amazes me to no end what some people accept as "well behaved" as they disturb others around them.

Just once I would like to see someone come on this forum and say " my kids are normal rambunctious kids

where can we go for a nice dinner where their normal actions will not disturb others ?"

CT
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the best Batali restaurant to take kids!

New Yorkers tend to eat later, so when my kids were younger and we wanted a nicer meal, we would go early 5:30 or 6. Often we would be the only ones in the restaurant! Also make sure they are not overly tired or cranky. Enjoy!

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
6,528 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the best Batali restaurant to take kids!

Crans gave the right answer - I would tweak it just a bit and say Otto is the only Batali restaurant where kids are acceptable.

When I go to the others, including Lupa, where I go most often, I really don't want to see kids.

Does that make me shallow?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,205 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is the best Batali restaurant to take kids!

No, LTT, it does not. Otto was what came to my mind too.

7. Re: What is the best Batali restaurant to take kids!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2009, 07:24