We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Relaxing spot for an evening drink near Times Square

Liverpool
Level Contributor
643 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Relaxing spot for an evening drink near Times Square

Can anyone recommend a nice place for a relaxing drink after a busy day's shopping and sightseeing?

I've heard the Peninsula is nice - anywhere else please?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Relaxing spot for an evening drink near Times Square

There are so many places this is impossible to answer. What area? What price ranges?

A couple of ideas:

Bemelmans Bar

www.thecarlyle.com/dine4.cfm

King Cole Bar

starwoodhotels.com/stregis/…

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Relaxing spot for an evening drink near Times Square

As Kate says too many to mention--- however one piece of advice... get out of Times Square and explore. Go to almost any other section on the subway. Go upstairs to the street... Go no more than 2 blocks and you will find what you are looking for.

NYC
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Relaxing spot for an evening drink near Times Square

I don't really think of the Peninsula as being all that close to Times Square.

All the larger hotels have some kind of cocktail lounge and they're all pretty good to one degree or another. The Marriott in Times Square and Flatotel (sp?), at 52nd and Broadway I think, have lobbies that are on an upper floor if you like the idea of getting off street level. Even though the Marriott is huge, it's not a bad place to get a drink and chill. Aside from the bar, I hear the restaurant at the Flatotel is pretty good.

I'd also check out the Millennium.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,224 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Relaxing spot for an evening drink near Times Square

Brasserie Ruhlmann at Rockefeller Center at 50th between 5th and 6th - unless its raining.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
643 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Relaxing spot for an evening drink near Times Square

Sorry. I'm staying on West 51st Street. Don't want anywhere too formal, where I'd need to dress up. Just somewhere with a nice atmosphere - hopefully not too noisy.

New York
Level Contributor
176 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Relaxing spot for an evening drink near Times Square

The Library and Private Park (not really private) at the Hudson Hotel are both very nice and relaxing (not the lounge up frount). Go up the escalator make a left then a right at the elevaors and go down the hall to both.

hudsonhotel.com

7. Re: Relaxing spot for an evening drink near Times Square

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2009, 06:17