We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel and Broaday Tickets

Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel and Broaday Tickets

Planning a trip September 17 - 22nd.

I'm looking for help in finding a reasonable, but clean and decent place for two women to stay. We would like to stay around the $150 per night price, if that is possible!

I'd also be interested in how I should go about finding the best deals on Broadway play tickets.

We plan to do the usual tourist stuff: Empire State Building, etc.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone could give me.

Real New York Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Tribeca Sailing
Boat Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Top Dog Tours NYC
Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
CityRover Walks NY
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Private Tours
new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel and Broaday Tickets

If you are not committed to a particular show you can either book ahead on line at a site like www.broadwaybox.com or wait till the day of the show and go to TKTS at 47th and Broadway and see what is available. Both offer discount tickets as well as some other on line sites. It is only when you or your companion insist on seeing some show that is sold out. In addition, many of the things playing now will still not be here then.

With respect to a hotel. I suggest you wait for one of experts like NYWHIZ to respond she can tell you the best course of action. I can just tell you for that time of year $150 per night is very low especially if you mean with tax which runs 15%.

Central Village...
Level Contributor
18,005 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel and Broaday Tickets

Look to the left of these postings for HOTEL information. You might also try kayak.com, hotels.com, quikbook.com for lodging information.

My bargain hotel is sthe Stanford - just GOOGLE Hotel Stanford for booking directly with the hotel.

For discount theater tickets broadwaybox.com - theatermania.com will have listings of plays/musicals and discounts plus where to buy them they link to Tickemastetr etc....

You mighty also check the FAQ's on this site for NYC overall information and I recco a guidebook which usually have a section in the beginning of the book for 1st timers.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel and Broaday Tickets

Prices usually jump up the 2nd week in September, and this year looks (so far) to be no different. E.g., the cheapest rate I could find for the Stanford hotel that Poppa recommended is $225/night -- as is Radio City Apartments, a lower-budget but perfectly adequate establishment; the lowest rates for Eastgate Tower are even higher.

The best I'm seeing for you at $180/night or less:

* the Best Western Seaport, on Quikbook: a room with 2 queen beds and free breakfast for $179/night; reservation requires no advance payment/deposit and can be canceled, without penalty, upon sufficient notice

* the Hampton Inn Soho, on the hotel's own website: a room with 2 double beds for $178/night IF you pay the full amount in advance, no refund given if you cancel. For the most flexibility (no advance payment, can be canceled without penalty with sufficient notice), you'd need to reserve the room at the $209/night rate.

FYI, hotels here in the States do not include the taxes/surcharges required by local governments; you can expect to pay about 15% [gasp] on top of the rates you see quoted.

Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel and Broaday Tickets

Thanks for all of the helpful advice! I'm glued to my computer doing my research!

Level Contributor
2,858 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel and Broaday Tickets

Could AHERM get something for $150/night using Priceline?

6. Re: Hotel and Broaday Tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2009, 07:17