We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top of the Rock

Liverpool
Level Contributor
643 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Top of the Rock

Am I best booking tickets online in advance of my visit in October? I'm concerned if I do, that the weather conditions may not be good on the day/time I select. My hotel is quite handily placed so I would probably choose to make a reservation for a morning slot. Any advice please.

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,185 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Top of the Rock

You don't need to prebook TOTR

There's a site with 3 dollar discount coupons, but I can't find it right now. When I do, I'll post the link, or maybe someone else will beat me to it ^^

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
2,495 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Top of the Rock

Here's the link to the discount

www.theatermania.com/extras/TopOfTheRock/

ebabe

icf
stoke on trent
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Top of the Rock

Both times we have visited totr we have gone straight in,no lines at all,

Darren

Ohio
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Top of the Rock

We were just there last week. The weather thing was also a concern because we wanted to go up on top around dusk so that we could watch the sunset and the lighting of the City. We finally decided which night we were going, stopped by about 10am after visiting the Today Show site and bought tics. for 8pm. Then we jumped a Subway to Little Italy for the day, ate at Lombrdi's (the best pizza). We got back to the Rock at about 7:15p and jumped on the elevator. The lines in the morning and also in the evening we very short. Had a great time up there for a couple of hours seeing the City in the day and also at nighttime.

KL
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Top of the Rock

Did a reservation one day in advance but only because of the discount.

From the time I entered the TOTR reception to reaching the top took me barely 5mins.

It rained awhile and then the sun came out, resulting in a beautiful double-rainbow. be sure to go to the top-most level, the one without the Plexi-glas.

Riverview, Michigan
Level Contributor
125 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Top of the Rock

We are heading there later this week and we're hoping to be up there for the fireworks on the 4th. We bought an Explorer Pass for 3 venues and will use one of them for TOTR. Good value!

7. Re: Top of the Rock

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 December 2009, 06:16