We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Columbus Day visit

Liverpool
Level Contributor
644 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Columbus Day visit

I'm visiting from 10 to 15 October and realise that the Columbus Day celebrations will be taking place over that weekend.

I know that Macy's have a special one day sale. Is it worth making a special visit to Macy's that day or will the store be packed with shoppers?

Would I be better spending the time round Central Park as I'm assuming it would not be advisable to do the 'Hop on Hop off' bus tour that day?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16,413 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Columbus Day visit

Unless you're near the parade or trying to go to a government office, I don't think you'd even know it's Columbus Day.

Manhattan
Level Contributor
9,011 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Columbus Day visit

What you NEED to be doing that weekend is Open House New York - It is one of the City's greatest FREE events

www.openhousenewyork.org - look closer to the time to see lists of what will be open when - on the Sat and Sun

There's also some other major thing going on that weekend and at the moment I can't think of what it is - maybe the adventure travel show -- not sure

3. Re: Columbus Day visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2009, 07:21